OLED48CXPUB IMPRESSION

JustTheFacts

Active Member
Certain reviews say the LG CX has a good sound. When I listen to the LG CX sound compared to my sonos beam soundbar it isn't even close. Although the CX has good sound for a TV the sonos beam sounds noticeably better.

Am impressed with the brightness of the CX. Sometimes it gets to bright for certain highlights in HDR. Personally I don't see any benefit in having a brighter OLED TV.

Find the settings provided by flatpanelshd to be the best for me.
 
Last edited:

Wing80surfer

Active Member
I agree with the reviews that state the TV has a good sound. Whilst I do have a samsung soundbar (bought about 7ish years ago because the sound from my LCD at the time was real poor) I find that I just don't need to use it with the CX
 

plexter

Standard Member
Had the same problem but in the menu you can calibration the sound whit the remote and that helps a lott
 

Tall_Paul

Distinguished Member
Hardly surprising that a dedicated sound bar beats the CX sound, but it's great to hear that it's also usable without a soundbar. I'm looking to buy a 55 OLED in the next couple of months and will be using TV audio for maybe 30% of the time, and a set of (planar magnetic, bluetooth) headphones the other 70%. It's hard to find any decent impressions of the audio on these sets, but the sound on the Sony OLED's is meant to be even better.
 

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Certain reviews say the LG CX has a good sound. When I listen to the LG CX sound compared to my sonos beam soundbar it isn't even close. Although the CX has good sound for a TV the sonos beam sounds noticeably better.

Am impressed with the brightness of the CX. Sometimes it gets to bright for certain highlights in HDR. Personally I don't see any benefit in having a brighter OLED TV.

Find the settings provided by flatpanelshd to be the best for me.

Have you seen the watts your sonos has compared to the CX? There are technical limitations and a TV set of speakers is realistically not going to touch dedicated solutions.
 

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom