Oled Yellow/Red Tint

Does your Oled have tint that can be seen in normal content?

• Total voters
Oh, yeah the ST50 still looks great. I always loved plasma's black levels, but once again now spoiled by infinite contract with perfect blacks on the OLED. Plus going from a 65" back to my 55". It will a slightly tough year, haha. At least I won't have to deal with any tint issues anymore! Gotta look at the bright side.

Yeah, you're doing the right thing. No sense in possibly dealing with a refurb set when you can get a brand new replacement. I've heard of people exchanging 7+ times do don't hesitate to swap it again if you get another unsatisfactory panel.

Yeah maybe the size will be more impactful than the picture quality itself, at least you've still got a nice panel indeed.

I think I will. We'll see if karma/fate/panel lotery god/whatever will be gentle with me haha

Been reading this thread and I see one common thing, LG C series..?

Have you seen this thread?
Answered - Has anyone heard of OLED panel grading done at LG?

I can only say that my GZ950 is excellent, no banding or tints.

Well, I do have an E8 with tinting, and not as bad as other's. But, other than that, it's really perfect. No banding, no bad near black uniformity.. I'll try my luck with another E8 in a few days and come back here to keep you guys updated if you're interested

Very mild magenta tint on the edges of my 65" C7, such that you need to use test slides to notice it. Very mild banding - very good panel. However my first C7 had no tint but bad banding.

I had a yellow tint on the right hand side of my new 2019 Philips 804 panel highlighted even more by what looks like cyan on either side of it. Swapped it out and now negligible tint. Both panels have/had excellent banding uniformity.

So both panels initially bad, but then on swapping both out luckily ended up with 2 great panels. Which is just as well, because I dont think I could handle moving 65" panels around more than twice.

Well, I do have an E8 with tinting, and not as bad as other's. But, other than that, it's really perfect. No banding, no bad near black uniformity.. I'll try my luck with another E8 in a few days and come back here to keep you guys updated if you're interested

Best of luck of with your second E8, I've recently picked up a 65 E8 and its tint and band free so there are good sets out there even thou the panel lottery's a pain it's worth a go if you end up with a nice clean panel.

I've got an E6 as well and had to send the first two I purchased back because of tinting.

I’ve bought the 65C9, what are you thinking about the uniformatiy? I have a slight yellow tint in the middle and left. Which colors are important to check? I can send it back if i want.

Last edited:
Check content mate and see if you are happy.
Mine has a little yellow tint left hand side on some content, not noticeable in the vast majority and it’s been fine going on 2 years.
Uniformity can be seen in a few shows, check out The OA season 2 on Netflix, it’s a torture test for banding, it’s the very worst your tv will ever look (generally getting dark scenes - 5-10 IRE).
Looking at your screenshots, if you watch football, how does the grass look with that yellow band 2/3’s of the way along the tv?

My Panasonic 952 - repair guys are coming today to have a look - Been told it's a new panel :( I can see this on normal content so it has to be sorted...

UPDATE: Panasonic want me to accept a repair on this - NOT going to happen. The repair company said the panel is faulty and will need to be replaced.

Has anyone had any issues with getting the whole tv swapped for a new one?Have spoken to retailer who are going to come back to me...

Attachments

• 70379894_880619322312460_3143540800789413888_n.jpg
    70379894_880619322312460_3143540800789413888_n.jpg
    698.6 KB · Views: 791
  • 70513275_951065998576137_6007542620031549440_n.jpg
    70513275_951065998576137_6007542620031549440_n.jpg
    529.3 KB · Views: 686
Last edited:
Okay so I'm back with my new, but still tinted, 65"E8.

I could say I'm pretty conflicted with this TV. The tinting is worse and better than the previous one tbh. Better in a way that I can't really notice it much in normal content, but worse because it's much more tinted than the previous one I had.
Just give a look :

Though, it's not worse than others' I've seen on this topic.
The thing that's bothering me is that I've got some dead/stuck pixels too. Not a lot though, but a few. Good thing is that I can't really pick them up in normal content.
Should I run a pixel refresher to see if that solves the problem ? The thing is, I don't have any banding on my tv, and I wouldn't want that pixel refresher to introduce some.

Aaaah it's really tiring to always try to look for a TV that shouldn't have those issues in the first place..

I was thinking about returning this one and taking the Panasonic 65FZ950 (some nice sales these days on it), like the one above. But the lack of Dolby vision, weaker peak brightness in HDR and actual chances to get a tinted panel is concerning.
But I love the colour accuracy in HDR though, something I can't change in HDR game mode on my tv for exemple.

My Panasonic 952 - repair guys are coming today to have a look - Been told it's a new panel :( I can see this on normal content so it has to be sorted...

UPDATE: Panasonic want me to accept a repair on this - NOT going to happen. The repair company said the panel is faulty and will need to be replaced.

Has anyone had any issues with getting the whole tv swapped for a new one?Have spoken to retailer who are going to come back to me...

Did you get a replacement in the end ? If so, hope it's not tinted !

You can ask for cash back / replacement if you feel so.

Looking back, I think my previous LG C8 OLED was near perfect in terms of tinting, though it had other issues I could not tolerate.

Whereas my current Panasonic FZ802B OLED in comparison does have some minor tinting visible, it's something more prominent in photos than by eye. I'm certainly content with it, and that's also with being aware it has a dead pixel too, and generally far less appearances of vertical banding. Overall I'd say it's faired pretty well with the old dice roll. Well... that was until green horizontal lines appeared the other day, though they've since disappeared

Previous OLED - C8:

IMG_20181204_024422867.jpgIMG_20181204_024357627.jpgIMG_20181204_024247264.jpg

Current OLED - FZ802B:

IMG_20190422_012343667.jpgIMG_20190906_235713850.jpgIMG_20190806_024702777.jpgIMG_20190722_223718648.jpgIMG_20190610_161728524.jpgIMG_20190718_045107703.jpg

Just got my 65 c9 yesterday
I got mine a week ago, and my panel looks almost identical to yours, with what looks like a yellowy skidmark in the exact same place as yours. However Is your TV Colour Temperature set to Warm 2? I only started to notice it after switching to Warm 2. If I set the temperature to Cool, I can't see it. I've found Warm 1 to be a reasonable compromise between having a more uniform picture, and colour accuracy.

To be honest, I found Warm 2 on this set to be too warm anyway, playing with the white balance to correct the yellowyness of the whites wasn't doing much. But switching to Warm 1 gives me very good whites - I just have to lower the green value a little.

Scratch that, I'm watching T2 in 4k. Warm 1 is too cool. It just doesn't look as natural as a Warm 2. I've done what I can with the white balance to bring that more in line with what I perceive to be actual white (and less yellow).

Took delivery of my 55" LG C9 yesterday and it has a blue/greenish tint in the bottom right hand corner, very similar to this image I found online:

0fWHqul.png

Is this something that will work out over time, or is this just how the panel is for life now?

Took delivery of my 55" LG C9 yesterday and it has a blue/greenish tint in the bottom right hand corner, very similar to this image I found online:

0fWHqul.png

Is this something that will work out over time, or is this just how the panel is for life now?

That panel looks to have pretty bad white uniformity. The sides are both green and the middle is pink. It won't get any better or worse. It will just stay as it is.

I'd argue that it isn't something that will show up all that often but depends on severity. My C6 is slightly yellow in the middle. I noticed it once in a snow scene in almost 3 years of watching....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom