Oled Yellow/Red Tint

Does your Oled have tint that can be seen in normal content?

• Total voters
Hi. I m planning to order 65B7V. Are u still pleased with your TVs? I read the comments about yellow/pink/red tints and banding issues esp. on grey scenes and have some doubts about them. And wanna learn your opinions?

In my country, oled TVs are very expensive. The enter price of 65B7v was 19,000 TL. Then drops to 13,000 TL. Now get a %10 discount and 11,700 TL. Note that the minimum wage is 1,400 TL only. So, i wonder that B7v worths to. I have chance to return it in 14 days and get my money back.

Very pleased.
I'm annoyed after spending this money we have to put up with these issues (if you have tint / banding that can be seen in content and don't want to swap) but overall, it's a fantastic tv.
HDR is a game changer.
OS and gaming are great too.

As it's a lot of money in your country make sure you have a good returns policy, in the U.K. the retailers (at least mine) are excellent.

Very pleased.
I'm annoyed after spending this money we have to put up with these issues (if you have tint / banding that can be seen in content and don't want to swap) but overall, it's a fantastic tv.
HDR is a game changer.

As it's a lot of money in your country make sure you have a good returns policy, in the U.K. the retailers (at least mine) are excellent.
Where did you get yours from mate

Actually they should not sell these TV, at least they should has been tested for picture faiures, before the TV hits the customer.

(since we have not that good after sales support over here) if I was going to get one of these TVs I would demand to be demoed the exact set I would be receiving in the shop to make sure before completing the sale - it looks like a true lottery...

(since we have not that good after sales support over here) if I was going to get one of these TVs I would demand to be demoed the exact set I would be receiving in the shop to make sure before completing the sale - it looks like a true lottery...

The tint is easy to see, but banding - really needs to be dark and it's difficult to make a decision as it can look poor before it does its compensation cycle (screen wash).
On the LG's this is every 4 hrs worth of viewing when turned off.
Within the first 2-4 you should have an idea of what you have.
I've seen really bad change to very good within 2 cycles.
Banding on 65" will be there on some content, have to accept it, but some sets you will see t more than others.
All of mine have had the darkest band about 2/3 of the way along the screen from the left (looking at it).
Even with a clean screen, certain content may still show them, but 90% is fine.
Tint - check left hand side first, I've had top, left and middle, but majority on the left.

Good luck

Very pleased.
HDR is a game changer.

Thank you. I m not a gamer. I m a movie and series fan like to watch @night in a dark room. So, i will use the tv for only movies and tv shows. And not for also sports, too. As i read the banding and tilt problems, i really am concerned about having a tv with those problems... If i buy online, i can return it. But from a market, can't do it. So i m gonna buy online.

Well I’m feeling very conflicted. Yellow tint seems better today. I’m wondering if these issues can calm down with some run in time. I feel lucky to have a set with minimal banding. Here’s a couple of photos. Be interested in what others think. First photo is from yesterday. Second full picture of the tv is from today. The picture from today seems better but whenever something white or grey is on the screen my eyes go left looking for the tint.

Attachments

• 44FF86C2-F87B-4EFD-B800-7DC7879FB37F.jpeg
    44FF86C2-F87B-4EFD-B800-7DC7879FB37F.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 572
  • 1E168CC4-5359-4C3F-AB7C-203AA0E91168.jpeg
    1E168CC4-5359-4C3F-AB7C-203AA0E91168.jpeg
    349.9 KB · Views: 588
Well I’m feeling very conflicted. Yellow tint seems better today. I’m wondering if these issues can calm down with some run in time. I feel lucky to have a set with minimal banding. Here’s a couple of photos. Be interested in what others think. First photo is from yesterday. Second full picture of the tv is from today. The picture from today seems better but whenever something white or grey is on the screen my eyes go left looking for the tint.

Did you try a 100% yellow screen, then the yellow tint turnes into pink on my 65C7 (waiting to be returned). As far as I know this doesn't change anymore (the tint level).

Did you try a 100% yellow screen, then the yellow tint turnes into pink on my 65C7 (waiting to be returned). As far as I know this doesn't change anymore (the tint level).
I’ll give that a try.

Yep pinkish tint can be seen on the left with a yellow screen.

Hello From Thailand.
I got Ez1 about nearly 50 hrs. now I think . I saw blue tint (brighter on the left side of screen sometimes.)
I am not sure to replace the new one MAYBE it is worse than what I have.
Some it show up some i could not see it at all..
this is I really worry .. this is i want to share.
the grey pattens are not good in the real it is very very good.. sorry with poor picture quality

someone said I should try to replace it .. on the other hand I will reconsider coz It looks ok. It is ok I try to reset lower brightness and Lumen oled light. it is not really help

Attachments

• tint2.jpg
    tint2.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 511
  • 5%2.jpg
    5%2.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 469
  • 10%2.jpg
    10%2.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 456
  • 20%2.jpg
    20%2.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 470
  • 21752768_274916549678854_4286481750164217756_o.jpg
    21752768_274916549678854_4286481750164217756_o.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 438
  • house1.jpg
    house1.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 452
  • sky1.jpg
    sky1.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 455
  • 21706243_10155669944129919_765476563_o.jpg
    21706243_10155669944129919_765476563_o.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 454
Last edited:
Now we have blue, red and yellow tints on whites. Wonder why we don't have any reports of green tint, not from any angle.

Now we have blue, red and yellow tints on whites. Wonder why we don't have any reports of green tint, not from any angle.
That’s being kept for the 2018 models!

I was determined not to use sliders but had to give in to testing whites, still avoiding greys though, I can see a few bands in normal viewing but you have to be looking for it. My old LCD has a few bands which are worse and this OLED hasn't run any compensation cycles yet so it can only get better.

Anyway, white looks okay but can see a slight magenta tint on the bottom right, it looks a little worse to my eyes but I think you can see it in the picture (I was surprised how uniform the picture came out), after looking through this thread I'm thinking this is probably a good result, anyone got any views?
Can't say it's obvious in normal content but not really watched anything but clips yet, but I suspected something was there which is why I wanted to test.
It's worth reiterating what others have said, any tinting changes slightly when you move around which is kinda of what the reviewers state.

Attachments

• white_screen.JPG
    white_screen.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 519
I was determined not to use sliders but had to give in to testing whites, still avoiding greys though, I can see a few bands in normal viewing but you have to be looking for it. My old LCD has a few bands which are worse and this OLED hasn't run any compensation cycles yet so it can only get better.

Anyway, white looks okay but can see a slight magenta tint on the bottom right, it looks a little worse to my eyes but I think you can see it in the picture (I was surprised how uniform the picture came out), after looking through this thread I'm thinking this is probably a good result, anyone got any views?
Can't say it's obvious in normal content but not really watched anything but clips yet, but I suspected something was there which is why I wanted to test.
It's worth reiterating what others have said, any tinting changes slightly when you move around which is kinda of what the reviewers state.

That looks great, would be very happy with it.

That looks great, would be very happy with it.
Thanks for letting me know, that good to hear :) I was worried about this set before I unboxed it as the serial starts 704 so an April build, the box was in A1 condition with no dust. I suspected it was repackaged but turns out maybe it's a good thing!

Here is mine with some content, so yours looks a lot better

IMG_1184.jpg

Yeah, I’m going tonight try one more time next week and if the same - refund!

Yeah, I’m going tonight try one more time next week and if the same - refund!

My new Panny EZ1000 only got a very minor yellow tint on the panels left hand side, and nothing that is visible when watching TV. So it is possible to get a fair panel.

I really hope for the very best for you.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom