Quantcast

Oled Yellow/Red Tint

Does your Oled have tint that can be seen in normal content?

• Total voters

Bronan

Could I please get an opinion on my 65" C9?

I picked it up around Black Friday, and it has 256 hours under its belt now.

From the moment I saw the tinting, I haven't been able to stop looking for it during content. But trying to get this treated as a warranty issue in Australia might be a bit like pushing sh*t up hill.
IMG_20200110_200649.jpg
IMG_20200110_200639.jpg
IMG_20200110_200607.jpg
IMG_20200110_200620.jpg

In the spectrum of OLED tinting, where does this rank?

Daveykinetic

From the moment I saw the tinting, I haven't been able to stop looking for it during content. But trying to get this treated as a warranty issue in Australia might be a bit like pushing sh*t up hill.View attachment 1243095View attachment 1243096View attachment 1243097View attachment 1243098

That doesn't look good mate. Mine has red tinting. On my 3rd oled now. Still not happy

Daveykinetic

Anyone tried the UV treatment on red tinting? If so has it worked?. Has anyone in this thread give up with oled and maybe went the way of fald instead? If so are they tint free?

bonjusa

Novice Member
Is it possible to get rid of the tinting through panel swap done by LG technician? Or do I need to return the TV to the shop? I'm asking this because I'm a bit confused after reading differing comments about the cause of tinting. Some say it's due to the anti-reflecting coating, some say it's due to the panel itself.

I have lots of red tinting on the sides (visible especially when watching soccer, golf and ice-hockey) and calling a technician would be much less hassle than returning the TV.

chros

Is it possible to get rid of the tinting through panel swap done by LG technician? Or do I need to return the TV to the shop?
If you are still in your return window then I definitely replace the whole set, and not just panel replacement. The reason is: factory calibration that is on the mainboard, and that is will be untouched during panel replacement.

johnjackthom

From the moment I saw the tinting, I haven't been able to stop looking for it during content. But trying to get this treated as a warranty issue in Australia might be a bit like pushing sh*t up hill.View attachment 1243095View attachment 1243096View attachment 1243097View attachment 1243098

Am I the only one seeing what looks a bit like like colour bars on these slides?
There seem to be several vertical bands of various colours.

Flame89

Wow, I'm amazed how big this problem still is, they just don't seem to get this sorted out. Hopefully my current C8 will last a long time, so I don't have to go through these stress moments again. (Don't get me wrong, my c8 has tinting but i learned to ignore it as it isn't as bad as the previous panels I had).