Oled test pattern question

zsolt67

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi
I am before buy and testing an LG 55EG920V UHD 3D tv in the store.
I switched off every picture improvements that the tv has so all setting off or minimal

I photographed two things one is 4K pattern which should shows white line between the coloured lines.
You can't see white between the green lines properly. Is it normal for 4k oled? I clearly can see it on my monitor and my Sony 4K LCD tv.

Also surprisingly can't see all blue lines. The horizontal bottom and vertical left should be all blue but they are black. Why?
You can see other pattern shows the blue properly also there is no lack of blue on photos or movies

The other thing is the 3D left right eye pattern. those photographed through the 3D glass. I can't see this effect on movies just if the scene very dark. But this pattern clearly shows what visible to the other eye that should not. Is it normal for 4K oled?

The photos are here
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=U0JmZ0E1UEY1ZkpOQTY1d0REdjRzY3JETy1xUEdR

Last edited:
What was the source? Was it 4K 3840 or 4096 x 2160? Was this via a USB stick as a still - Jpeg or BMP, or was it a video file?

Could be all sorts of things, causing this. If I play test patterns from my laptop at native resolution, all lines at full resolution are sharp and clean. If you are running a Barco pattern, is that for cinema projectors, which will be 4096 resolution normally?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom