OLED Screen protection.

Loki808

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I will be taking delivery of an OLED tv next week, been reading and searching up sunlight that falls directly on the screen, I’m looking at added this to the offending windows: Museum UV Ultra Violet 99.5 Anti Fade UV Protection Window Film Clear

Also along side the above I’m going to be putting up some thick net curtains, am I being over paranoid?

Many thanks.

I wouldn't bother with that film - it's the excess heat caused by direct sunlight hitting the screen that risks damaging it.

I'd go for blinds instead of net curtains as they can be shut or drawn back as necessary. Presumably the sun won't shine on the screen all day ?

I have curtains up already but can’t be shutting the curtains every day at a certain time, no it’s not all day, depending on the weather it’s about and hr or two max, at an angle and only partly on the screen. I thought the uv would also kill OLED panels as well as heat.

The heat through the windows in this country assuming your in the uk won’t affect the tv that much, it’s normally more of an issue for people that have the tv over a fire place

Yes I’m in the uk, it does get very hot in my flat in the summer, but as said it won’t shine on it all day, only partial for a couple of hrs, I’m going to use some kind of cover when not in use.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom