• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Oled screen flicker on scene change.....

DB9506

Established Member
Onto my 2nd 910 and whilst there is some vignetting there is minimum banding and tint. So that's good and I could probably live with it, but......

The screen seems to flicker when watching via the aerial input. The last 910 didn't do this.

The screen image seems to only do it when the scene changes quickly. It's as if the image on screen cannot keep up with the software going on behind the image.

Has anyone any experience of this and the likely cause? As said the previous set did not do this so it is set specific. Faulty hardware or software?

Any informed advice/insight into the cause appreciated. The set is a good one but for this damb flicker.

It only does it when watching via aerial input. Faulty tuner? Big job to change it?

Last edited:

des8

Standard Member
Did you get this resolved? I picked up a 910 (Sept build) up a couple of days ago and I've got exactly the same issue. Very happy with the TV in general, only happened a few times last night but its hard to ignore.

DB9506

Established Member
No. Plugged in the satellite tuner instead of aerial.

Works fine now.

mickbirch2000

Prominent Member
It seems that some of the LG OLED tvs are susceptible to picture flicker when broadcasters dynamically change from 1080i 50hz to 1080p 25hz & back on freeview (via the aerial). My 55ea980w had the same problem. I found that using the internal satellite tuner connected to what had been a redundant sky dish completely cured the problem & picture seems subtly better.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom