OLED SCREEN BURN ( permanent image retention)

Right, sorry I missed the bit where you said at full brightness, was thinking of just any static pieces. I'm definitely going to get the warranty then use it as normal (while being sensible/with prevention features on). Then see how it goes with my usage and if it goes within 5 years will get it replaced, if not then happy days.

That's a good plan. When the first panel finally goes (it will eventually with gaming) you'll know what did it and how long it took, and exactly what to expect from the next panel (and can adjust if you need to - ie. if it happens too soon)

Do any other settings help like true motion eye care noise reduction etc mine are all turned off

The live zoom is only like a magnifying glass didn’t cover all the screen?. Are there any of the other settings I have turned off like eye care etc that would benefit being on ?.

Yesterdays I saw friends OLED phone from 2015. At first glance I noticed, that keyboard is severly burned in. Phone user, haven't noticed it until now...
I wonder, how many blind OLED users are out there, who happily watches their burned in TV's and are happy.

Attachments

• 20201128_093054.jpg
    20201128_093054.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 147
Yesterdays I saw friends OLED phone from 2015. At first glance I noticed, that keyboard is severly burned in. Phone user, haven't noticed it until now...
I wonder, how many blind OLED users are out there, who happily watches their burned in TV's and are happy.

loads mate.

Us too it’s not on long when I get my panel replacement I won’t be watching it

I bought mine from richer sounds 6 years warranty in December 2016 I noticed it sent them pictures it’s a not fit for purpose tv tbh having to baby sit it. On here I found out LG are offering £200 panel replacement.

Yeah same here dont watch sky news because of the ticker. Only very briefly watch GMB or BBC news. JL didnt seem interested at all and basicly said ive abused the TV watching hours and hours of GMB. Deffinatly havent as me and my wife are at work, only have it on when were having breakfast. The black levels are amazing but apart from that, i wish i never invested in OLED and stuck with my E8000. You really do have to baby sit this tech. thought JL would be better then this as they have been really good with stuff in the past worst case scenario I'll have to suck it up and go back to LCD. I'm going to see if i can get the LG replacement program first though.

Try LG first tell them what going on etc

Waiting on LG to pick the TV up, why would anyone buy an OLED now.
I had the Panasonic plasma with green blob issues years ago and that got so bad and widespread they started calling it a trait not a fault and wouldn't repair or replace anyone.
I've got banding, Dimming of the middle, bottom right, top left and a GMB logo that has arisen due to around 2-3 hours viewing a week.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 229
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 239
As I've said before, Piers Morgan rots both panels and brains. Move on!

Once seen that’s it you keep looking for it

is it worth going down the consumer route (not fit for purpose) with John Lewis? As i really feel i haven't abused my TV. That's what their Agents are accusing me of,

Has anyone had any joy emailing the head office complaints department?

Waiting on LG to pick the TV up, why would anyone buy an OLED now.
I had the Panasonic plasma with green blob issues years ago and that got so bad and widespread they started calling it a trait not a fault and wouldn't repair or replace anyone.
I've got banding, Dimming of the middle, bottom right, top left and a GMB logo that has arisen due to around 2-3 hours viewing a week.

That is shockingly bad. Hope you get it fixed.

I'm not babysitting my new OLED so we'll find out sooner or later whether JL's protect plus holds up.

That is shockingly bad. Hope you get it fixed.

I'm not babysitting my new OLED so we'll find out sooner or later whether JL's protect plus holds up.
Same here i have JL protect plus and i have mine on the settings i want if i get screen burn i will know definitively OLED is not suitable for what i want and how i use it.

I got an OLED because i just had to know for myself one way or the other

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom