OLED SCREEN BURN ( permanent image retention)

MEGATAMA

But look at Samsung Q70T , now have 10 Yr Panel cover from Samsung.
Yes but qleds dont have panel degradation because is anorganic and oleds are organic. Samsung can do that and they are using it as a marketing....

MEGATAMA

Of all the people who have oleds especially on this forum and especially the lgC9 7 and 8 forums next to nobody has commented about having burn in issues so I would say I'm not a lucky one
7?....
Its alot of us with degraded panels.

The Limey

I have just deleted a series of argumentative (and in some cases insulting posts). A repeat will see not only deletions but infractions too. Let's keep these discussions civil please.

Swindonman

Standard Member
All sorted LG Oled unrepairable, JL replaced with new Samsung Q70T it's a great tv so much better.
10 Year panel reassurance from Samsung

Nice One JL

Dr Force

Distinguished Member
2x OLEDs LG 55” and 65”....2 years and never had any issue...gaming, news, whatever...no burn in or IR.

tele1962

Distinguished Member
Some great advise from Sony. Really?

"To avoid the possibility of burn-in consumers should avoid leaving static images on an OLED screen for long periods of time. For example leaving a video game paused onscreen for several hours or days," a Sony spokesperson said.
I think so!

D

Deleted member 171211

It was more to do with your quote about LG making their TV's prone to IR with colour red.
That’s not what I meant, I don’t believe for a single minute they are prone to permanent IR by design. I just think it’s unfortunate the colour most likely to be affected is the one they use everywhere in WebOS.

Mav1874

Well it no longer functions as was when you purchased it,3d was a big feature so if they can't give you a 3d tv under warranty then a refund should be given. Quite a few people had full refunds after they could not source a 3d panel to repair it.
I'm now having to return my TV which is 3yrs old to Currys due to pixel degradation and they are collecting tomorrow. Just wondering if you have to return your stand as I have had my TV on the wall and can't find the stand anywhere. Will that be a problem?

jasser

Standard Member
Mine was taken away with no stand required. They take it away without it, wrap it in bubble wrap and then place it inside a cardboard box.

Mav1874

Mine was taken away with no stand required. They take it away without it, wrap it in bubble wrap and then place it inside a cardboard box.
Spot on cheers for that! I've been out in my shed on the rain looking through old stuff, absolutely no idea where I've put it. It's fine if they wrap it in bubble wrap and stick it in a box.

Swindonman

Standard Member
What do Samsung cover with their panel reassurance plan , just burn in ?
Product description Product code: 82452207
10-Year Screen Burn Warranty
Samsung are offering a 10 year screen burn warranty to all customers. This way, you’re covered – no matter what. Just register your TV here after you’ve set it up.

tele1962

Distinguished Member
Product description Product code: 82452207
10-Year Screen Burn Warranty
Samsung are offering a 10 year screen burn warranty to all customers. This way, you’re covered – no matter what. Just register your TV here after you’ve set it up.
Remembering of course that LCD tech is inferior to OLED for picture quality.

ashenfie

MEGATAMA

Remembering of course that LCD tech is inferior to OLED for picture quality.
It can be better then micro led or tv tech from 2050....its irelevant,this tv panel tech is broken from design standpoint.
All this will explode to LG face in the end.

MEGATAMA

No it's not it is the same as every other flat panel tech, it just seems like a minority here think that.
Its organic tech so it has expiery date but that date is waaay shorther then what LG was sayn.

lazarus

Just for the record....

My 55" LG B6 is still going strong and has not shown any signs of image retention, screen burn or any other fault. Had it for 3 years now.

MEGATAMA

Just for the record....

My 55" LG B6 is still going strong and has not shown any signs of image retention, screen burn or any other fault. Had it for 3 years now.
Its all depends how much you use it,panel temperature(HDR) what kind of content/colors on screen.
They dont degrade all at same speed,for some users could be 2.5y for others longer.
But you will get there.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...

Latest News

iFi Audio launches iDSD Diablo DAC/Headphone amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy Buds Pro
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy S21, S21+ and S21 Ultra smart phones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Mola Mola debuts Kula integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett