OLED Screen Blemish Question

Discussion in 'OLED TVs Forum' started by m82492, Apr 24, 2016.

1. m82492

m82492
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the opportunity to buy a new LG OLED from a local shop at a really discounted price due to the fact that the screen has two marks on it that are only visible when it's turned off. It almost looks like scratches to the anti glare coating not the actual screen. Do these look like a major flaw that could cause the tv to fail? Any way to peel off the coating itself? It would be going in the man cave bar area so the marks wouldn't really bug me when off but I need to make sure they aren't something that would cause the tv to crap out. I have attached pics on and off.

Attached Files:

2. spot01

spot01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    I have similar blemishes on my Sammy 3D think builders may have been responsible but can't prove it but had no affect whatsoever on TV and they've been there for 5 years

3. ashenfie

ashenfie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    Any attempts to fix or remove the filter are like to make thinks worse not better. Issues are most likely to be viewing related, like reflections or on action scenes