OLED Price Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered the 65 C9 (£1699) from PRC and I've been told 10-15 days for delivery. It actually works out better for me having a later delivery date.

Has any one ever ordered from PRC, do they have decent customer service ?

C&M were selling @ £4998 on Black Friday
But £3400 in the Netherlands :eek:
£4998 is getting closer to my jump point...i paid £5k for my 65" 3 years ago...was hoping/wishing for a £3999 yet i fear that will be reaching at this point.
I think the 2020 77" sets will RRP at £4999; maybe £3999 Black Friday 2020???

You mean a C8. (my mistake thought you wrote E9)

Panasonic TV's was very disappointed did not buy my local dealer thinks leading up to Xmas/boxing day could be better deals.

I think they were the first to start cutting (the TPS deal being the one to chase). The issue is that it was done early On and that the prices stabilised a lot earlier than they did on the C9, which just seemed to carry on dropping.

£4998 is getting closer to my jump point...i paid £5k for my 65" 3 years ago...was hoping/wishing for a £3999 yet i fear that will be reaching at this point.
If you can hang on, wait until next year's sets are out and this year's 77's start dropping and they'll be 4 grand (or less) like I and others did for C8's.

I suspect the deals will go quiet now as the retailers need to have something in hand for Boxing day

If you can hang on, wait until next year's sets are out and this year's 77's start dropping and they'll be 4 grand (or less) like I and others did for C8's.

That is true and i can wait (just dont want to hehe); need to see how it all shakes down; i doubt the 2020 sets will be that different from the 2019.

If the usual patterns hold, you may see the prices rise up to Xmas and then fall for January

I ordered the 65 C9 (£1699) from PRC and I've been told 10-15 days for delivery. It actually works out better for me having a later delivery date.

Has any one ever ordered from PRC, do they have decent customer service ?
Well looks like all PRC's C9 orders are on back order, ordered on a 2 to 3 day delivery service on Sunday, phoned to confirm ETA today and got told I got lucky and that the TV would ship within 10 to 14 days

Think they know it isn't going to be available cheaper anywhere else and have you trapped

TBF I did ask for the £15 delivery fee to be refunded which they agreed to

Yeah, I could see that. At this stage, I can see myself holding out for a 2020 set and the potential for 120hz black frame insertion (BFI) to hopefully give a welcome boost to motion performance on a display of that size.

The challenge will be if by that point MicroLED, QNED or self-emissive QLED technology starts to look as if it might shortly be a viable option.

And then what if the 88" 8K sets have started to drop into the realms of affordability?

Ah, the joys of looking to buy a new TV.

Desk

Yeah, I could see that. At this stage, I can see myself holding out for a 2020 set and the potential for 120hz black frame insertion (BFI) to hopefully give a welcome boost to motion performance on a display of that size.

The challenge will be if by that point MicroLED, QNED or self-emissive QLED technology starts to look as if it might shortly be a viable option.

And then what if the 88" 8K sets have started to drop into the realms of affordability?

Desk

I am hopeful for BFI as well; plus some increased quality uniformity; this would probably swing the 2020 vs possible discounted 2019 set.

For me my aim is for a >65" OLED; not so fussed as to 8K (i jumped on the 4k wagon super early with a LG 4K LCD 'back in the day' and it really wasn't worth it).

I think the other tech is still some way off, my wider plan/hope is for the next set (77") to last 4yrs and then jump back in and see what the options are.

My local Curry price match c&m £1950 for the 65GZ950B. I also get 8% cashback with my work so works out to £1794.
I’ve never used cashback but guess i can only spend the £156 at Currys once i’ve spend £1950?

My local Curry price match c&m £1950 for the 65GZ950B. I also get 8% cashback with my work so works out to £1794.
I’ve never used cashback but guess i can only spend the £156 at Currys once i’ve spend £1950?

Good price that is my limit.

Well looks like all PRC's C9 orders are on back order, ordered on a 2 to 3 day delivery service on Sunday, phoned to confirm ETA today and got told I got lucky and that the TV would ship within 10 to 14 days

Think they know it isn't going to be available cheaper anywhere else and have you trapped

TBF I did ask for the £15 delivery fee to be refunded which they agreed to

I'm glad it's not just me in this situation then. The person I spoke to said some people won't get their orders until January, funnily enough I was one of the lucky one's as well....

Desk

If I was LG , one of my main priorities would be getting rid of the bump at the bottom of the TV. If they can make the TV thinner, and get them cheaper in people's living rooms, even with a 'box' for the compute power, uptake of OLEDs would indeed become mainstream and general consumers wouldn't give up the fashionable thinness for a 'fat' tv again.

its similar to how lcd destroyed plasma, except oled looks better than lcd.

i think the fear for lcds has to be micro led, self emissive qled and its ir/burn in concerns.

interesting next few years ahead.

i think in LCD land, they really need to start making a 75'' TV seem like the norm or at least a 65'' TV. OLED's big weakness is the price tag of its 77'' sets and its lack of any affordable 80+ inch TV set.

They have the wallpaper TV for that and LED TV's are not much thinner than Oled.

Are you mad
Curry’s has been excellent with me, no issues with multiple returns.
I did have issues with RS, wanting pictures of the original box, Curry’s...no bother at all.

The RRP this year for the 77” was £7499 so I doubt that would fall as low as £4999 next year, seems too big a jump

With the C9 77'' being so cheap in Europe(Netherlands/Germany etc) would it not be worthwhile someone taking a van there buying 10 of them at once and split the expenses, like a group buy. There are transport companies who do weekly trips across Europe and back.

Are you mad
No,not at all. Just going by personal experience of returning multiple sets.

Swapped 6 2015 sets for banding and tint with currys,few of them were replaced very next day with a new one. Most others were 2-3 max.

Also replaced 5 E7 panels mainly for tint,most replaced very next day after I called them. Kept the 6th one. Year later it got severe banding after 2000 comp cycle,sent them pics,next day they picked it up and got it back a week later with a new panel on it. Was better than the other e7 sets I had.

Had an Af9 from currys,year later it had panel issues,so phoned currys up and explained what was wrong,they decided to pick it up the next day without asking for pics. 4 days later they gave me a voucher for 3500 so I could get the Ag9 as replacement. But bought the Gz2000 with it instore instead.

Had the Gz2000 on the 19th October and called currys up as the Gz2000 had issues and they agreed to swap it out,that was after I had it for 28 days.

Have had it in my possession since then and decided to keep. So asked currys if they will give me a discount instead of replacing, so they gave me £500 back on monday as now the Gz2000 dropped further in price and the return was cancelled.

Also few weeks back my c6 stopped working and needed a new panel,but as it was 3d they couldn't fix it so gave me a voucher for £1400 to get the c9.

So can you tell me which company can give me better service that what currys have been giving :rolleyes:

Obviously quite a few people have had bad service from currys,but you also can get bad service from John Lewis and Richer Sounds,and Richer Sounds can also get arsey when it comes to returns. But for me currys have been faultless so will continue to get my custom:smashin:

No,not at all. Just going by personal experience of returning multiple sets.

Swapped 6 2015 sets for banding and tint with currys,few of them were replaced very next day with a new one. Most others were 2-3 max.

Also replaced 5 E7 panels mainly for tint,most replaced very next day after I called them. Kept the 6th one. Year later it got severe banding after 2000 comp cycle,sent them pics,next day they picked it up and got it back a week later with a new panel on it. Was better than the other e7 sets I had.

Had an Af9 from currys,year later it had panel issues,so phoned currys up and explained what was wrong,they decided to pick it up the next day without asking for pics. 4 days later they gave me a voucher for 3500 so I could get the Ag9 as replacement. But bought the Gz2000 with it instore instead.

Had the Gz2000 on the 19th October and called currys up as the Gz2000 had issues and they agreed to swap it out,that was after I had it for 28 days.

Have had it in my possession since then and decided to keep. So asked currys if they will give me a discount instead of replacing, so they gave me £500 back on monday as now the Gz2000 dropped further in price and the return was cancelled.

Also few weeks back my c6 stopped working and needed a new panel,but as it was 3d they couldn't fix it so gave me a voucher for £1400 to get the c9.

So can you tell me which company can give me better service that what currys have been giving :rolleyes:

Obviously quite a few people have had bad service from currys,but you also can get bad service from John Lewis and Richer Sounds,and Richer Sounds can also get arsey when it comes to returns. But for me currys have been faultless so will continue to get my custom:smashin:

All I got from that is...you have very bad luck with tv's :D

The RRP this year for the 77” was £7499 so I doubt that would fall as low as £4999 next year, seems too big a jump

yeah you are not wrong actually.

I was looking/geeking at the price history of the past OLED models (65" and 77") at launch and i fear the best we might hope for is a RRP for £5999.

In the 65" world E7 and E8 had the same RRP then E9 dropped by £1.5k...
In the 77" world the E8 and E9 had the same-ish RRP (£8k vs £7.5k) so with an optimistic £1.5k reduction it would be £5999.

yeah you are not wrong actually.

I was looking/geeking at the price history of the past OLED models (65" and 77") at launch and i fear the best we might hope for is a RRP for £5999.

In the 65" world E7 and E8 had the same RRP then E9 dropped by £1.5k...
In the 77" world the E8 and E9 had the same-ish RRP (£8k vs £7.5k) so with an optimistic £1.5k reduction it would be £5999.

£5999 is probably a good shout. I went for the 77” inch this year as I got it for under £5k. Still expensive but I think it will be worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom