OLED Price Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received email from JL price matching PRcdirect at £1095 for 55gz950 good job
because it’s back up to £1249.Rgbdirect still showing the lower price so quick if you want one.

My local Currys are about to price match C&M £1949 for the 65GZ950B. No questions asked, this to me says there is room for improvement.

I’m going to hold out for a bit while quite a few of the 65C9PLAs go for £1649 leaving GZ950B stock to be shifted. Both TVs are about equal (for different reasons) so should be priced similar imo

Hope this helps folks

Current LG offers at Sevenoaks

B9

LG OLED55B9PLA - £1099 LG OLED55B9PLA 55
LG OLED65B9 - £1779 LG OLED65B9 65

C9

LG OLED55C9PLA - £1299 LG OLED55C9PLA 55
LG OLED65C9PLA - £1899 LG OLED65C9PLA 65

E9

LG OLED55E9PLA - £1779 - Save a Further £200 With Voucher Code GDSAVE200 LG OLED65E9PLA - £2499 Save a Further £200 With Voucher Code GDSAVE200

The lack of movement on the 77C9 pricing over the weekend relative to 65" & 55" is really frustrating to say the least. I know the 77 inch TV market is more niche, but the discrepancy in pricing vs the 65" is ludicrous.

The lack of movement on the 77C9 pricing over the weekend relative to 65" & 55" is really frustrating to say the least. I know the 77 inch TV market is more niche, but the discrepancy in pricing vs the 65" is ludicrous.
I'm similarly frustrated with the price of the 77 incher - but sadly I think it reflects that LG Display are not yet fully committed to production at this size range.

This size is undoubtedly considerably more expensive for LG Display to produce, by virtue of the way the manufactured panels have to be cut and the fact that a flaw anywhere across its full 77 inches will render that panel useless.

However, I suspect it also reflects that LG Display just don't currently have the capacity to ramp up production of these big panels to meet the sort of demand that a lower price might encourage.

It's incredibly frustrating that you're effectively talking about paying three times the price of a 65" equivalent just to gain a further 12 inches.

Heck, why not just go out and buy four 65" displays at £1699 a pop and assemble them together to form a 130" display for just a mere £800 more than the current cost of a 77" display?

And yet, the difference those 12 inches can make is significant, arguably moving from having 'a big TV' to having a self-illuminating home cinema screen getting up to the sort of size you'd be happy to project onto.

That's the quandary I'm in, having just created a home cinema space which I find to a mixture of pleasure and frustration could easily accommodate a 77" set - and which might even suffer for not going up to that size. But three times the price? Sheesh!

As it is, I'll probably wait on and see what comes out of CES. I know it's unlikely to be announced there, unless the company is jumping back into the US market, but I'd love to see Panasonic return with a 77" 4K set in 2020, perhaps more competitively priced to reflect movement in scaling up of production at this size as well as the impending influx of large 8K LCD panels.

I can dream, right?

Desk

I'm similarly frustrated with the price of the 77 incher - but sadly I think it reflects that LG Display are not yet fully committed to production at this size range.

This size is undoubtedly considerably more expensive for LG Display to produce, by virtue of the way the manufactured panels have to be cut and the fact that a flaw anywhere across its full 77 inches will render that panel useless.

However, I suspect it also reflects that LG Display just don't currently have the capacity to ramp up production of these big panels to meet the sort of demand that a lower price might encourage.

It's incredibly frustrating that you're effectively talking about paying three times the price of a 65" equivalent just to gain a further 12 inches.

Heck, why not just go out and buy four 65" displays at £1699 a pop and assemble them together to form a 130" display for just a mere £800 more than the current cost of a 77" display?

And yet, the difference those 12 inches can make is significant, arguably moving from having 'a big TV' to having a self-illuminating home cinema screen getting up to the sort of size you'd be happy to project onto.

That's the quandary I'm in, having just created a home cinema space which I find to a mixture of pleasure and frustration could easily accommodate a 77" set - and which might even suffer for not going up to that size. But three times the price? Sheesh!

As it is, I'll probably wait on and see what comes out of CES. I know it's unlikely to be announced there, unless the company is jumping back into the US market, but I'd love to see Panasonic return with a 77" 4K set in 2020, perhaps more competitively priced to reflect movement in scaling up of production at this size as well as the impending influx of large 8K LCD panels.

I can dream, right?

Desk

Beat me to it :)

I would add it wasn't so long ago those looking at 65" sets were in a similar position.

I seriously considered going FALD, but was worried at 75-85" blooming and other limitations would become very obvious :( So in the end settled on the Costco deal on the 65FZ952 to tide me over until 77" sets drop to a "reasonable" price.

Beat me to it :)

I would add it wasn't so long ago those looking at 65" sets were in a similar position.

I seriously considered going FALD, but was worried at 75-85" blooming and other limitations would become very obvious :( So in the end settled on the Costco deal on the 65FZ952 to tide me over until 77" sets drop to a "reasonable" price.
Not to take this too far away from price reductions, as that's the purpose of this thread, but I'm now in the exact same position you were in - giving serious thought to a 65" Panasonic OLED to tide me over.

The only thing is, I don't want to spend a fair bit of cash to buy a new set while already looking beyond it to the next, imagining what it would be like to have that sitting there instead. And like you, I just feel that an LCD isn't going to cut it.

It's okay, I suppose, if you've got the confidence that you could sell off your interim OLED set in a couple of years' time in order to upgrade. However, I've never sold a TV in my life, and don't know how easy that would prove - especially if you don't live near a major city.

Bring back Radio Rentals! :)

Desk

It's gone quiet in here is there no offers till boxing day now ?

Currys out of stock on the C9 65 PLA. They have the MLB at 1999.

RGB/PRC deals lasted a day on the same set.

1600 ish seems to be the lowest it will go. Currently 1900 at most retailer's.

Anybody know what Costco are quoting for the C9 65?

Thanks

So i finally pulled the trigger last night on LG OLED65E8PLA from RGB for £1599 and have spent all morning researching brackets and mounts and get an email 10 minutes ago its OOS:facepalm:

So i finally pulled the trigger last night on LG OLED65E8PLA from RGB for £1599 and have spent all morning researching brackets and mounts and get an email 10 minutes ago its OOS:facepalm:
You a gamer or looking to purchase a PS5 or Xbox 2 next year?

You mean a C8. (my mistake thought you wrote E9)

Panasonic TV's was very disappointed did not buy my local dealer thinks leading up to Xmas/boxing day could be better deals.

Last edited:
I am a gamer but unlikely to be an early adopter of PS5 although i was going over budget for the E8,

I got the Qe65Q85R with sound bar from JL on price match for £1499 for another couple of weeks.

I wrestled too long over whether to get last years model but convinced myself and once i had committed to the E8 i was really looking forward to it

Not to take this too far away from price reductions, as that's the purpose of this thread, but I'm now in the exact same position you were in - giving serious thought to a 65" Panasonic OLED to tide me over.

The only thing is, I don't want to spend a fair bit of cash to buy a new set while already looking beyond it to the next, imagining what it would be like to have that sitting there instead. And like you, I just feel that an LCD isn't going to cut it.

It's okay, I suppose, if you've got the confidence that you could sell off your interim OLED set in a couple of years' time in order to upgrade. However, I've never sold a TV in my life, and don't know how easy that would prove - especially if you don't live near a major city.

Bring back Radio Rentals! :)

Desk
LG were reported to be cutting pricing on 77" in 2020, with the latest plants set up for bigger screens - how much by is anyone's guess.
But galling to see they were promoting Black Friday 'slashing' of 1K off US prices for them but not here...as per.

You mean a C8.

Panasonic TV's was very disappointed did not buy my local dealer thinks leading up to Xmas/boxing day could be better deals.
Defo E8 but will see if my nerve holds for next sales or go Sammy

LG were reported to be cutting pricing on 77" in 2020, with the latest plants set up for bigger screens - how much by is anyone's guess.
But galling to see they were promoting Black Friday 'slashing' of 1K off US prices for them but not here...as per.
C&M were selling @ £4998 on Black Friday
But £3400 in the Netherlands :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom