OLED Price Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The review on here suggests the DV HDR isn’t very good, not sure if that’s fixable with FW but for me that put me off the Sony as sounded like a faff straight out the box. For me leaves the GZ or LG E which is too pricey. I discounted LG B/C based on them having lower graded panels apparently, so more chance of issues if you’re picky which I am...

LG B/C9 having lower grades panels? Where did you hear this from? Seems nonsense but I'd like to stand corrected.

Costco this morning has the 65c9 for 2039 Online! Thats 120 less than Tuesday. I know, only good if you are a member but its still indicative of whats going to happen.

Costco this morning has the 65c9 for 2039 Online! Thats 120 less than Tuesday. I know, only good if you are a member but its still indicative of whats going to happen.

That's getting very tempting but I really wanted the E9 for better looks/sound and less chance of playing the panel lottery.

Anyone know if john Lewis are likely to include black Friday and sale oleds in their interest free payment scheme. Was tempted to slightly up by budget and do a 1 year interest free deal

Sony 65 inch AG8 at JL for £1999.....I'm feeling this is a slightly better buy than the Panasonic GZ950. Oh what to do? (mouth is now watering with anticipation)!!!

Sony has crud Dolby Vision so if you use Netflix or DV UHDs not so much a wise choice

Anyone know if john Lewis are likely to include black Friday and sale oleds in their interest free payment scheme. Was tempted to slightly up by budget and do a 1 year interest free deal
Where’s Mystic Meg when you need her?!? Last year they only included 1 or 2 models so it wasn’t an across the range thing... Best thing is find someone with a good deal and if you want to buy from JL do a price match request...

Oooooh, a TV that I've been sorely tempted to get for so long at a superb price and a fantastic hot dog at the same time?!? God damn it's gonna be hard not to leave my desk this lunchtime!!!

Strange. Did they give a particular reason?
RS "free" extended warranties such as the one you get as a VIP member are not transferable and haven't been for a few years. If you buy one then they are - I think they are with D&G.

That would be great and push me over the edge! Any ideas how soon this will be now?

Crampton And Moore have told me they'll do it for £1999 even now and Richersounds are saying they'll refund the difference between now and black Friday so if you want it you can get it now.

Looks like I'm changing from 65C9 to 65GZ950 as I doubt I'll utilise HDMI2.1. TPS is currently cheapest at £2195 with £200 cashback, might hold out to see if it drops any more.

Looks like I'm changing from 65C9 to 65GZ950 as I doubt I'll utilise HDMI2.1. TPS is currently cheapest at £2195 with £200 cashback, might hold out to see if it drops any more.

Again like with the C9 the GZ950 Crampton and moore are saying they'll do it for £1999 already.

Crampton And Moore have told me they'll do it for £1999 even now and Richersounds are saying they'll refund the difference between now and black Friday so if you want it you can get it now.
Thanks, I have put down a deposit with RS and intend to complete the purchase soon with the proviso that they match themselves and others on BF weekend. But Costco currently have for 2039 so only 40 pounds diff at moment.

Thanks, I have put down a deposit with RS and intend to complete the purchase soon with the proviso that they match themselves and others on BF weekend. But Costco currently have for 2039 so only 40 pounds diff at moment.

costco stock the 65" version on the 950? I was told they didnt

Crampton said they will price match from now till black friday but the wording is just if theyre prices fall. Thing with these companies who price match is they are never the cheapest listed price because they expect to price match.

I'd buy today with anyone if they were going to match the "best price" available on BF.

Crampton said they will price match from now till black friday but the wording is just if theyre prices fall. Thing with these companies who price match is they are never the cheapest listed price because they expect to price match.

I'd buy today with anyone if they were going to match the "best price" available on BF.

I might see if TPS will do the same as I could do with ordering a TV this week as we're redecorating next week and I'd rather have the TV and Vesa mount here to get it mounted at the right height.

Sony has crud Dolby Vision so if you use Netflix or DV UHDs not so much a wise choice
I wouldn't say crud. What I take from the fine detail in the review on here is that HDR on the Sony is poor compared to the other oleds from lg and panasonic in terms of brightness. The dolby vision due to the dynamic metadata is pretty much up there with other oleds.

I'll make a longer post on my thoughts regarding the ag8 later on.

Last edited:
Wheey it worked RS now have the E9 65" at the £2,499
And they have put back the 125 voucher on the c9 65. But as I said earlier costco doing this for 2039. Dont know why they dont change it to that:)

Its a local independent in Northern Ireland to whom I have been a customer for over 20 years. I don't really want to name them as it was a deal I was getting early access to, but according to the LG rep they deal with it will be available nationwide by BF.

Costco were doing the 77C9 for £5699.99 just a couple of weeks ago. Hoping what you are saying about it being £5600 by Black Friday is true and if so then Costco will reduce their price again to at least this.

Last edited:
RS price of 65AG8 looks pretty attractive. Would this be a better buy than the Pana 950?
I'm almost set on going for the 55ag8 this weekend. What I take from the review on here is that if you watch SDR and dolby vision its up there as good as any OLED. Static HDR though its a tad behind with that in brightness terms.

Motion and upscaling is as good as anyone and better than most. Sounds like it has a very cinematic picture going on, especially with SDR and dolby vision. It sounds great with shadow details. I like that it adds depth to the picture.

Also check out other reviews, search the ag8 on youtube. There is a guy called quantum who sounded like he was having a ball watching the ag8. lol And he's not an OLED fan per se.

Look at reviews on sites like richer sounds as well. I've found plenty of good things said about the ag8 by doing a google search. Tbh the review on this site doesn't make it sound that great in some ways. But that's the opinion of an expert. So sure it should be taken into consideration. Other experts and avid TV reviewers seem to have differing opinions though. And the equally important user reviews I've seen sound favourable towards the ag8.

The 'better buy' regarding 2019 OLEDs from Lg, sony panny, philips, will largely depend on what suits your specific needs best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom