OLED Price Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first match from last Thursday still has no reply! Breaking records...

Can someone link me a few 77'' CX matches? Going to shoot them off today when I'm by my laptop.

Stick 4 x 55" tvs next to eachother, 110" OLED £4k ( ノ ゚ー゚)ノ
If I were single I'd love to try this! 110" 8k tv or 4 separate screens for sports or 4 player gaming.

What about 4 65" screens for 130" screen @ £7,000.

How would you split the screen into 4 separate parts and how much?

Has anyone here ever done this?

Last edited:
Stick 4 x 55" tvs next to eachother, 110" OLED £4k ( ノ ゚ー゚)ノ

This honestly got me thinking. Sadly LG's bezels aren't as thin as Samsung's or it could have potentially of been a VERY interesting experiment.

If I were single I'd love to try this! 110" 8k tv or 4 separate screens for sports or 4 player gaming.

What about 4 65" screens for 130" screen @ £7,000.

How would you split the screen into 4 separate parts and how much?

Has anyone here ever done this?
Haha. It has got me thinking too....
The bezels on LGs aren't small though so It'd be very distracting for content. would work better with samsung's frameless range.

I'm not sure if GPUs can support this but its a basic PC-multimonitor setup and use them all as one display in windows and play media off of that.

My first match from last Thursday still has no reply! Breaking records...
I submitted 2 over a month ago, from different email accounts as I thought it was my issue. Still no reply.

Given up on them full stop, JL have never provided good service to myself. Some people seem to do well though.

I submitted price match to John lewis for the cx 55 for 1219.99 early hours this morning, I noticed it quickly went out of stock again but they did respond to me not to long ago that they will match it for up to 28 days, will they honour that price after sales end?

I submitted price match to John lewis for the cx 55 for 1219.99 early hours this morning, I noticed it quickly went out of stock again but they did respond to me not to long ago that they will match it for up to 28 days, will they honour that price after sales end?
Not sure what your question is, they say it will be honoured for 28 days? I spoke to them a couple of days ago and stock is due in on the 30th apparently.

Tempted to price match with Richer Sounds but the burn in warranty offered by John Lewis is a key factor, however John Lewis don't price match with online only companies which is a shame.

Bought the 55” Sony A8 today from Costco for £1079.98. Can’t wait to set it up. Coming from a 2015 LG OLED so hopefully will see some significant differences.

Those that haven't got a JL reply, have you checked your spam? I've had a response each time I've contacted them.

Yes nothing on my end, but also have history earlier in the year with them taking a week or so to respond.

Absolutly gobsmacked now.

At 22:46 last night THT Direct put the 48CX back to £1349 on there site (having removed it on Friday evening completely), so for a laugh I submitted another PM to John Lewis, expecting to be ignored again.

6:28am this morning they agreed the price match, so going to order from them so I can get the screen burn cover.

Just hope RS don't mess me about with the cancellation now.

55HZ980 £1100
65HZ980 £1599

Martin Dawes

Will JL usually price match these? I purchased on Wednesday.

The MD website says 1 year warranty, so will JL use this to get out of it?

Also JL says I need to be in receipt of the item, is this normally an issue? It hasn’t arrived yet.

Last edited:
Will JL usually price match these? I purchased on Wednesday.

The MD website says 1 year warranty, so will JL use this to get out of it?

Also JL says I need to be in receipt of the item, is this normally an issue? It hasn’t arrived yet.
Your better getting 7 year warranty from Panasonic premier dealer and free wall mount from TPS.

I swapped my wall mount option for few long HDMI cables...

Your better getting 7 year warranty from Panasonic premier dealer and free wall mount from TPS.

I swapped my wall mount option for few long HDMI cables...

I’ve already purchased from JL. I went with JL for the burn in warranty, I remember how annoying it was with my Pioneer 436 and worrying about it. At least this way I don’t have to, as it’s my first oled. Hopefully the burn in warranty isn’t a scam and they wriggle out of it.

I was just wondering if Martin Dawes is valid for a JL price match

Hopefully the burn in warranty isn’t a scam and they wriggle out of it.
Hoping the same too as I purchased it earlier with my 48CX.

Having read through the policy, it seem if they replace the tv with a new one a refurbished one or refund you the cost of the tv (even via gift card) the policy ends. So in effect you can only claim on it once.

I’ve already purchased from JL. I went with JL for the burn in warranty, I remember how annoying it was with my Pioneer 436 and worrying about it. At least this way I don’t have to, as it’s my first oled. Hopefully the burn in warranty isn’t a scam and they wriggle out of it.

Don't think you need to worry about burn in on the latest Panasonic OLEDs, there very smart if you set them up correctly :

Just as a matter of interest when my old LG oled screen failed which I got from John Lewis they use Martin Dawes as there repair service and Martin Dawes wrote it off and I got a new tv

I agreed some really good prices with RS yesterday on the 65” OLEDs they had in stock.

After conversation with the OH again tonight I’m told not to get a TV bigger than we have (55”) Set me back a bit as 55 pricing is not always proportionate to the 65.

See what I can get agreed tomorrow!!

Is another OH an option lol

Pulled the trigger today on CX65 - my first ever OLED - excited! Price match from the 14/11 with JL at £1,699, also purchased protect plus ontop for £140 for peace of mind but in my mind I feel I only paid £40 for it with the price match discount I got earlier this month(£100 off). Thanks to this chat.

Noticed other websites dropping slightly - this website also offering 5 year warrenty at £1,739.98

Is it a Black Friday for 65 inch Oled's or a White Friday. I have been looking at the new Panasonics and it seems the 65's have not moved down at all. Maybe deals only on 55 inch ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom