OLED Price Changes

womble9

It's not interest free hence the pay it off straight away so as to not incur any :).

azurik777

Standard Member
Great to see the E9 dropping so low, can't help but feel optimistic that it means a sub 2K C965 is just round the corner.

Oh and for anyone who does go for the E9 at Currys at it's superb price, not only do they still have the "1 in 10 Oleds get half their price refunded" promotion running but if you buy it on credit (which you could then just clear it so as to not incur any interest) you get 5% (£115 in this case) back too meaning you've got your 65 E9 for £2184. Cracking deal!!
Where is the bit about the additional 5% on credit?

womble9

Where is the bit about the additional 5% on credit?
Don't know if it's perhaps account specific (though I wouldn't have thought so as I was just signed in as a guest) but it was showing in a banner at the top of the page for me. Just been back and it's still there:

currys.jpg

I should be on comission from Currys (or getting a back hander from RS to shut the F up) :).

jjgreenwood

This has been reduced by £500

5to1

They only have 6 months interest free which works at £384 a month lol no thanks.
If you want to spread the payments just get a credit card with 0% on purchases. Usually plenty that will offer that and some even offer some cash back/rewards points.

aoaaron

Out of interest, have any stores other than costco (namely Currys) offered the 77 inch oleds at sub £4k?

I need 75 inches. Not sure whether to just settle for a QLED given I use it as a PC monitor,

mjeccs

Novice Member
Having not considered the LG E9 55”

I am now tempted. At Currys you can get £125 off the price of £1799.

I then have a further 8% discount from my work benefits scheme making the cost £1540

As I am a sky tv subscriber the free 18 month subscription package would also be welcome as opposed to the 50% with the C9.

5to1

Not sure if already mentioned, but LG are running a Sky TV offer (for purchases between 23.10.2019 and 23.1.2020):

• Sky Entertainment usually £22 per month
  • HD Pack usually £5 per month
  • Sky Q experience usually £13 per month
  • 18 months contract
33% off with B9
50% off with C9
Free with E9 or W9

(Not sure if the discount applies to other channels if you add them).

Doesnt look like you need to be a new customer.

Blimp12

Novice Member
I noticed today that Costco (on their website) have the 55" B9 @ £1,199.89 and the 55" C9 @ 1,439.98. Was wondering if how the returns policy stacked up against RS and JL and if it would be better to purchase through them? They are also running the LG promo for Sky

furryhobnob

Distinguished Member
I noticed today that Costco (on their website) have the 55" B9 @ £1,199.89 and the 55" C9 @ 1,439.98. Was wondering if how the returns policy stacked up against RS and JL and if it would be better to purchase through them? They are also running the LG promo for Sky
Costco are very good, 90 day return policy i beleive, and their warranty is better than others, if there's a fault within 5 years, they simply refund you the full amount and take the tv back

aoaaron

Costco are very good, 90 day return policy i beleive, and their warranty is better than others, if there's a fault within 5 years, they simply refund you the full amount and take the tv back
90 days yes and it’s amazing.

Fault and refund the whole amount not necessarily.
They still sent out an engineer and do their whole crap shoot of a lottery. They also don’t cover burn in unless LG do.

This is as confirmed by talking to them on the phone and having bought a tv from them.

furryhobnob

Distinguished Member
90 days yes and it’s amazing.

Fault and refund the whole amount not necessarily.
They still sent out an engineer and do their whole crap shoot of a lottery. They also don’t cover burn in unless LG do.

This is as confirmed by talking to them on the phone and having bought a tv from them.
Only going off 2 lads at work whos tv's developed faults, they simply took them back to the store and were refunded in full, none of the warranties cover burn in, LG's first 12 month manufacturer warranty does though.

aoaaron

Only going off 2 lads at work whos tv's developed faults, they simply took them back to the store and were refunded in full, none of the warranties cover burn in, LG's first 12 month manufacturer warranty does though.
My experience is based off of costco online.

I asked costco if I could do that in the event of a fault and they firmly said no as I did think if I got burn in, I could just pack it up in a box and return it to the store.

I'll try to phone up the store and ask them for advice on whether they'd accept that as it would be a game-changer. The dreaded engineer coming out is just too much stress and inconvienance. If my TV is f***ed.. i just want it swapped. We all know enough about TVs and especially OLEDs to know when there is trouble.

stelen

Not a huge fan of currys returns policy but having seen the above comment thought I'd check out their pricing in the Winchester store yesterday. As far as pricing goes there was little or nothing to sway me towards a Currys purchase and if I'm honest I'm not sure how that store sells anything at all! All the tvs had the currys advertising clip playing on loop which (for those who don't know) is bad enough but when I asked for a demo the salesman said none of the tvs were fed any other content, nor connected to an aerial feed, nor could the guy connect them to Internet for YouTube and worse still (worse????) the ad clips had caused the most awful image retention on the oleds and was washing out some of the lcds and highlighting the bands and clouds of others. The salesman said "Yeah... Sorry 'bout that." 🤣🤣🤣

deon444

Distinguished Member
Not a huge fan of currys returns policy but having seen the above comment thought I'd check out their pricing in the Winchester store yesterday. As far as pricing goes there was little or nothing to sway me towards a Currys purchase and if I'm honest I'm not sure how that store sells anything at all! All the tvs had the currys advertising clip playing on loop which (for those who don't know) is bad enough but when I asked for a demo the salesman said none of the tvs were fed any other content, nor connected to an aerial feed, nor could the guy connect them to Internet for YouTube and worse still (worse????) the ad clips had caused the most awful image retention on the oleds and was washing out some of the lcds and highlighting the bands and clouds of others. The salesman said "Yeah... Sorry 'bout that." 🤣🤣🤣
What don't you like about Currys return policies? As I have always found them to be excellent, and I personally always choose them over John Lewis and richer sounds when buying a tv..

gadget man

What don't you like about Currys return policies? As I have always found them to be excellent, and I personally always choose them over John Lewis and richer sounds when buying a tv..
Sorry for budging in but let me tell you a story about Currys. I bought a £30 microwave oven which went faulty within a week. All i wanted was a replacement but no insisted on a repair. I refused this went on for months until i sent a letter saying taking this further.

In the end got my money back, all over £30 would i buy a £2000 TV no chance.

sirbadger

Sorry for budging in but let me tell you a story about Currys. I bought a £30 microwave oven which went faulty within a week. All i wanted was a replacement but no insisted on a repair. I refused this went on for months until i sent a letter saying taking this further.

In the end got my money back, all over £30 would i buy a £2000 TV no chance.
I'm sure there's people with similar story's about other retailers. A lot of experiences come down to the employees.

Jemzor

Crampton & Moore are running 10% discount on Sony & Panasonic products this weekend only using code 'FB10', although looks like you would need to call in as code doesn't register at checkout.

Has anyone seen the 65AF9 cheaper than £2,409 (assuming RS price match?)

dvdchild

Didn’t have a great experience in John Lewis today they had a ex display lg c8 65” for £900 but would come with the 5yr warranty but also mentioned screen burn. Armed with usb and colour slides & Dolby vision content, it was in a pretty bad way when viewing any primary colours. Not hugely noticeable when view Dolby vision content. Guy just handed remote to me and walked off. Didn’t buy it which was a shame it was so messed up. Screen looked dirty all over. Shame as would have been a bargain but shocking staff attitude

mushroomkid

Crampton & Moore are running 10% discount on Sony & Panasonic products this weekend only using code 'FB10', although looks like you would need to call in as code doesn't register at checkout.

Is the Af9 worth ~£300 extra compared to the Gz950?

mushroomkid

Is the Af9 worth ~£300 extra compared to the Gz950?

jmp1975

Not sure if already mentioned, but LG are running a Sky TV offer (for purchases between 23.10.2019 and 23.1.2020):

• Sky Entertainment usually £22 per month
  • HD Pack usually £5 per month
  • Sky Q experience usually £13 per month
  • 18 months contract
33% off with B9
50% off with C9
Free with E9 or W9

(Not sure if the discount applies to other channels if you add them).

Doesnt look like you need to be a new customer.
Just a little heads up on this. I had to change my entire package as I was on the old legacy boxsets. So then ringing up again to apply the code, was told as there was a discount applied to the TV package I couldn't get the discount off of entertainment.

So if you already have a discount off TV with Sky they may not apply the discount. Be interested if anyone has any luck overcoming this as only got £9 off in the end rather than the £20 it should have been (I got a C9).