OLED Price Changes

Costco in store the Sony 55 AG8 £1199 and 5 year warranty.
the 65AG8 around £1900 and the LG 65C9 around £2040 got to be good bargains.

Dave H

Blueking

costco stock the 65" version on the 950? I was told they didnt
I asked in store and Costco don't do 65", because the box is too big.

I bought my 65GZ950 from TBS instead with 7 year warranty for £1995, with free wall mount or premier HDMI cables and 6 months free Netflix, and option to upgrade remote to the lovely GZ2000 remote.

TPS 65GZ950

jpr141

SD = Standard Definition, like HD & UHD, i.e. resolution
SDR = Standard Dynamic Range, like HDR, i.e. colours
SDR is nothing to do with HDR.

HDR stands for high dynamic range.

When I said in the post last night that most peoples viewing will be mainly SDR. It means Standard dynamic range, 4K, HD, SD.

Thatsnotmynaim

SDR & HDR have everything to do with each other, i.e. they are the opposite to each other when talking about colour ranges, you watch something in HDR or SDR.

jpr141

SDR & HDR have everything to do with each other, i.e. they are the opposite to each other when talking about colour ranges, you watch something in HDR or SDR.
The point is/was in that post yesterday. Is that some OLED TVs are right up there top of the tree for SDR pictures and SDR accuracy. But slightly lacking in their HDR capabilities. You only have to read the pro reviews on here to understand this distinction.

And if you only mainly watch SDR for the most part, as most people do. Then buying a TV that's top notch with SDR material could be pretty much all someone is concerned about. Many people aren't all too fussed about the HDR capabilities of a TV.

BOT, and prices well the C9 has its £125 off code back again over at Richer sounds.

Last edited:

marsh3377

Novice Member
Costco in the US had their Black Friday deals leaked the other day. The LG 77 C9 is going to be $4,939.99. Surely there will be a similar drop this side of the pond. I'm certainly hoping so!

jpr141

Philips 55" 754 just £1099 at richer sounds and on amazon. Richer says last few in-store. Hmm. Its already being discontinued.

adel1878

Standard Member
Costco have Sony AG8 55' @ £1199 and the 65' @ £1919!

Panasonic GZ950 55 @ £1379 aswell as LG C9 55'

I'm tempted by the Panasonic

5to1

I asked in store and Costco don't do 65", because the box is too big.

I bought my 65GZ950 from TBS instead with 7 year warranty for £1995, with free wall mount or premier HDMI cables and 6 months free Netflix, and option to upgrade remote to the lovely GZ2000 remote.

TPS 65GZ950
They do stock 65" sets, in fact I bought my 65FZ952 from my local store. They even had a 77" in store.

Therefore it's nothing to do with the size of the box. It's purely down to their internal stock allocation decisions.

P-P-S-S

ok it was called SD in my day. I don't think many people watch SD do they. I rarely do.
That's what most TV channels are shown in arent they? Or am I getting confused?

furryhobnob

Distinguished Member

azurik777

Standard Member
Currys dropped the LG e9 65 down to £2499 as others and give another £200 off. £2299 is a great price and I don’t think it will go lower for BF.

pesser

Soo confused dont know what to do part of me is saying wait till near christmas/january time 🤔🤔🤔

Edit: can you vouchers if you go through topcashback ?

womble9

Great to see the E9 dropping so low, can't help but feel optimistic that it means a sub 2K C965 is just round the corner.

Oh and for anyone who does go for the E9 at Currys at it's superb price, not only do they still have the "1 in 10 Oleds get half their price refunded" promotion running but if you buy it on credit (which you could then just clear it so as to not incur any interest) you get 5% (£115 in this case) back too meaning you've got your 65 E9 for £2184. Cracking deal!!

Last edited:

pesser

Great to see the E9 dropping so low, can't help but feel optimistic that it means a sub 2K C965 is just round the corner.

Oh and for anyone who does go for the E9 at Currys at it's superb price, not only do they still have the "1 in 10 Oleds get half their price refunded" promotion running but if you buy it on credit (which you could then just clear it so as to not incur any interest) you get 5% (£115 in this case) back too meaning you've got your 65 E9 for £2184. Cracking deal!!
I couldnt see interest free credit ?