OLED Price Changes

hulkster

Novice Member
I always wonder how much margin is in these Oleds for the sellers or is there so little that they all nearly float around the same price and there never really is any true bargains or a retailer who undercuts everyone?

8k120hz

LG make all the panels so the "base" price is set.

Russa

I mean the 55" lg c9 and panasonic 950 have now both been as low as £1374. I honestly can't see that being beaten by much at any point this year including BF.
Picked up my C9 yesterday for £1,374. take off the £360 sky discount and its £1,014. Plus RS will refund any discounted amount between now and 31st December. So no point in waiting until BF.

AdamskiP

My friend just sent me a text from inside a JL store and the A8 is not only £1299, there’s a £100 E Voucher available too. He asked a member of staff to confirm as well.

WaveyD123

Novice Member
Picked up my C9 yesterday for £1,374. take off the £360 sky discount and its £1,014. Plus RS will refund any discounted amount between now and 31st December. So no point in waiting until BF.
Seen RS price beat for up to 7 days from purchase. Where do they say they refund any discount up to 31st Dec?

pesser

I emailed RS about 65" E9 lets see what they say ill be going to there romford branch on friday and asking them about that to.

Last edited:

jpr141

That's cool if someone wants/needs Sky.

The refund is good.

jpr141

My friend just sent me a text from inside a JL store and the A8 is not only £1299, there’s a £100 E Voucher available too. He asked a member of staff to confirm as well.
Sony AG8 £1299? I might raid my piggy bank like NOW if that was true at my local JL.

Dave H

Thatsnotmynaim

Same here, already have Sky and got more than 33% off by just cancelling and getting a deal, would rather just have the cash off the new TV...

staffy 2

How much sirbadger.Got my 55 E7 from Peter Tyson on Black Friday 2017 for £1499.Want to upgrade to a 65 E9 if the price is right.Told my good neighbour she can have my 55 E7 for £600 and she’s got the cash waiting so I’m really tempted.

jpr141

It’s online too. Richer Sounds also gone to £1299 now.
So it is. Just looked. Blimey that is a huge drop. Even when the code was up the other day it only took it down to £1500. I wonder why, are they struggling to shift them, or have Sony realized its overpriced compared to LG and Panny. Makes things more confusing now though in a way, it kind of gets the ag8 onto my shortlist now. What a headcahe! :D

sirbadger

How much sirbadger.Got my 55 E7 from Peter Tyson on Black Friday 2017 for £1499.Want to upgrade to a 65 E9 if the price is right.Told my good neighbour she can have my 55 E7 for £600 and she’s got the cash waiting so I’m really tempted.
It was a 55gz950b I purchased, £1374.

Russa

Same here, already have Sky and got more than 33% off by just cancelling and getting a deal, would rather just have the cash off the new TV...
I personally wouldn't be without sky. When they discounted my package last year they discounted the main contract, not the entertainment, HD and multi screen add ons that my 50% off deal relates too.

Thatsnotmynaim

They discounted my main package and gave me each add one for a £1 each, need to go through the the cancel notice and not take the first deal, then wait for the retentions team to ring you back during the 30 days...

Thatsnotmynaim

The review on here suggests the DV HDR isn’t very good, not sure if that’s fixable with FW but for me that put me off the Sony as sounded like a faff straight out the box. For me leaves the GZ or LG E which is too pricey. I discounted LG B/C based on them having lower graded panels apparently, so more chance of issues if you’re picky which I am...

antmumford

The review on here suggests the DV HDR isn’t very good, not sure if that’s fixable with FW but for me that put me off the Sony as sounded like a faff straight out the box. For me leaves the GZ or LG E which is too pricey. I discounted LG B/C based on them having lower graded panels apparently, so more chance of issues if you’re picky which I am...
LG B/C9 having lower grades panels? Where did you hear this from? Seems nonsense but I'd like to stand corrected.

leelaw

Costco this morning has the 65c9 for 2039 Online! Thats 120 less than Tuesday. I know, only good if you are a member but its still indicative of whats going to happen.

anticlaus105

Costco this morning has the 65c9 for 2039 Online! Thats 120 less than Tuesday. I know, only good if you are a member but its still indicative of whats going to happen.
That's getting very tempting but I really wanted the E9 for better looks/sound and less chance of playing the panel lottery.

jolt

Anyone know if john Lewis are likely to include black Friday and sale oleds in their interest free payment scheme. Was tempted to slightly up by budget and do a 1 year interest free deal