OLED Price Changes

AL0012

Standard Member
Glad I'm not the only one looking at this feature. To future proof it, it must have hdmi 2.1 and eArc. Unfortunately LG seem to be the only decent brand doing that but then I'm worried about the burn in issue :thumbsdow

AL0012

Standard Member
God damn, do they have those in stock? That does sound tempting!! But I really want hdmi 2.1 :(
Glad I'm not the only one looking at this feature. To future proof it, it must have hdmi 2.1 and eArc. Unfortunately LG seem to be the only decent brand doing that but then I'm worried ab

hulkster

Novice Member
Guys buying through my business would you go for the LG OLED65W8 Wallpaper for £2600 or the OLED65E8 for £1600 and spend the additional on a good sound system. Both amazing TV's but is the 65W8 worth the £1k extra for the wow factor, I cant decide ??

Last edited:

aoaaron

Guys buying through my business would you go for the LG OLED65W8 Wallpaper for £2600 or the OLED65E8 for £1600 and spend the additional on a good sound system. Both amazing TV's but is the 65W8 worth the £1k extra for the wow factor, I cant decide ??

Surely got a tv on this level ur gonna buy proper speakers ?

hulkster

Novice Member
Surely got a tv on this level ur gonna buy proper speakers ?
I am doing renovations and theres not much left for a good sound system.
For the W8 I would need to add a wireless subwoofer somehow and still not confirmed 100% this can be done, also would have the W8 soundbar on display and another soundbar/system and dont think I have the room to hide it.

The E8 would allow funds to get a decent system but it wouldnt have the wow factor that the W8 has. I dont want to have to rip up the walls to install speakers/cabling at a later date but the W8 has my budget maxed out if I go that route.

sagaris99

I am doing renovations and theres not much left for a good sound system.
For the W8 I would need to add a wireless subwoofer somehow and still not confirmed 100% this can be done, also would have the W8 soundbar on display and another soundbar/system and dont think I have the room to hide it.

The E8 would allow funds to get a decent system but it wouldnt have the wow factor that the W8 has. I dont want to have to rip up the walls to install speakers/cabling at a later date but the W8 has my budget maxed out if I go that route.
Can unfortunately confirm that there is no way to add a wireless sub to the W8 - the sound is at it is (underwhelming) unless you connect it to an AVR or another soundbar with associated sub. Massive design flaw from LG.

The W8 does have wow factor, but it's up to you as to whether you can accept the All in one until for the W8 being on show all the time, and trying to hide the AVR. of course, you'll still need to put a centre channel speaker somewhere.....

For the money, unless you were deadset on the W8 design, I'd opt for the E8, C8 or even the B( (Dependent on what's available to buy) - the B9 internally is virtually identical to both of the C8 and E8, but would allow you to get an AVR that supports eArc and make use of it - plus, you're not paying for the fancier design or the improved speakers on the B9.

hulkster

Novice Member
Can unfortunately confirm that there is no way to add a wireless sub to the W8 - the sound is at it is (underwhelming) unless you connect it to an AVR or another soundbar with associated sub. Massive design flaw from LG.

The W8 does have wow factor, but it's up to you as to whether you can accept the All in one until for the W8 being on show all the time, and trying to hide the AVR. of course, you'll still need to put a centre channel speaker somewhere.....

For the money, unless you were deadset on the W8 design, I'd opt for the E8, C8 or even the B( (Dependent on what's available to buy) - the B9 internally is virtually identical to both of the C8 and E8, but would allow you to get an AVR that supports eArc and make use of it - plus, you're not paying for the fancier design or the improved speakers on the B9.
Thanks for the details reply.

I have a 55'' Oled at the minute EC930v curved and it has been great, but even with the close wall bracket it sticks out and just looks untidy. Considering the LG was over £7k+ new and can be gotten for almost £2.5k new makes it appear better.

Looking at the E8 version, I am not really sure I like the glass at the bottom, yes if it was mounted on something but not wall mounted and the speakers would be detached from it.

Having amazing sound is not a massive priority for me. I have an LG soundbar and wireless sub on my 55'' and its pretty good so all I would be missing is a subwoofer.

I see the W8 has a 3.5mm output:
Which I am wondering if I could connect a wireless sub to that or else a TOSLINK to RCA digital converter to go from soundbar to sub toslink or get a wireless powered sub with remote for volume control. I have read talk of it being done here: Possible to add just subwoofer to LG OLED? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

I have also seen the Klipsch wireless 10'' sub just that it doesnt have a remote for volume adjustment Wireless Subwoofers | Klipsch

Looking on LG site seems that TV speakers and headphones/optical out can be used simultaneously:
LG How-to & Tips: How to play audio through internal/external speakers on your LG webOS TV | LG U.K.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

primetime

Standard Member
LG65B9 £1799 at ao.com Looks like trying to grab share early ahead of black Friday, let the price war begin again

sagaris99

Thanks for the details reply.

I have a 55'' Oled at the minute EC930v curved and it has been great, but even with the close wall bracket it sticks out and just looks untidy. Considering the LG was over £7k+ new and can be gotten for almost £2.5k new makes it appear better.

Looking at the E8 version, I am not really sure I like the glass at the bottom, yes if it was mounted on something but not wall mounted and the speakers would be detached from it.

Having amazing sound is not a massive priority for me. I have an LG soundbar and wireless sub on my 55'' and its pretty good so all I would be missing is a subwoofer.

I see the W8 has a 3.5mm output:
Which I am wondering if I could connect a wireless sub to that or else a TOSLINK to RCA digital converter to go from soundbar to sub toslink or get a wireless powered sub with remote for volume control. I have read talk of it being done here: Possible to add just subwoofer to LG OLED? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

I have also seen the Klipsch wireless 10'' sub just that it doesnt have a remote for volume adjustment Wireless Subwoofers | Klipsch

Any thoughts?
Having tried myself to set up a sub with the W8, the 3.5mm port outputs the entire sound, not jut bass for the sub - this is why ideally you'd have a 'sub out' port. Strictly speaking, it can work, but sounds very weird and is out of sync with the speakers on the All in one unit.... Is it only the W8 and E8 you have access to? Definelty see that the B or C models might be a better choice.

When I mounted my C8, I looked for the slimmest bracket possible...... between the wall and the back of the TV, i'd say at most there's 2cm gap if that.... obviously each to their own, but I don't find it looks odd lie that, even though I would of course love a W series and the lack of depth.

Apologies if we're getting off topic in this thread

Dave H

125 offer ?

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
What are the odds at getting better deal than this come the sales?

1570883933497.png

sagaris99