OLED Price Changes

pesser

Daamn tempting im out the country from the 12th for 3 weeks soon as im back im ordering hoping maybe even the E9 will have dropped by then

mushroomkid

So it's just the LG ones that are coming down in price. I remember last year the likes of John Lewis doing discounts + Cashback for LG OLED's, can anyone enlighten me as to whether any of the Panasonic had similar discounts or offers?

sagaris99

So it's just the LG ones that are coming down in price. I remember last year the likes of John Lewis doing discounts + Cashback for LG OLED's, can anyone enlighten me as to whether any of the Panasonic had similar discounts or offers?
Definitely no equivalents from Panasonic or Sony within the last 24 months.
Panasonic did an offer where they threw in a free blu Ray, Sony a few free movies but no cash back, deals, vouchers or anything like that

Sorry !

sagaris99

What about price reductions?
Price drops were okay, nothing too groundbreaking... Pana don’t seem to play that game.

Retailers to dropped the weekend before BF, and then there was very little movement on the day.

That said however, if you know you want the TV and you just want the best price - buy from JL or RS within 28 days of BF (2nd of November onwards). If the price doesn’t move, doesn’t matter. If it drops, claim a post sale price match.

I bought my 55 C8 in early November for 1899, ended up getting refunded to eventually pay 1489 the day after BF.

sleepylaser

Just ordered a 65C9 from Richer Sounds they price match a VIP 10% code from Curry's , then the prices have dropped £200 this morning so Richer sounds have done it for £2049.00 delivered, well done Richer Sounds
Which branch of RS was this?

Ekko Star

If anyone wants to buy any of the 2019 LG OLEDs at discounted prices then let me know.

If there is enough AVForums Group interest and its fine with the mods then do make contact.

Thanks

Last edited:

cybergremlin

Standard Member
TV75 code for £75 off at richer sounds.

After ordering a 55C9 on Saturday for £1599 i've had a refund of £175 to take it down to £1424.

Ekko Star

Are you selling them or something?
If there is enough interest for an AVforums group buy then I maybe able to arrange something.

Let me clear it with the mods first though.

Thanks

aoaaron

If anyone wants to buy any of the 2019 LG OLEDs at discounted prices then let me know.

If there is enough AVForums Group interest and its fine with the mods then do make contact.

Thanks
How discounted are we talking ?

cerbfan

Standard Member
Costco had the following in store this morning in Aberdeen:

Sony KD65AG8BU £2279.98
LG 65C9PLA £2159.98
Toshiba 65X9863DB £1199.98

All prices inc. VAT

The Limey

Thanks
What exactly are you proposing here? You may wish to check with AVF forums Rule 7 for more clarity.

Ekko Star

Sony KD65 AF9 for €2799 in harvey normans includes VAT, seems to be an ok price?
Can be had for £2,409.10 in the UK at the moment.

You may wish to check out Richer Sounds Belfast. They should pricematch UK websites if you refer to Crampton & Moore's promotion but RS may add on a delivery charge for NI/IE

Thanks

Ekko Star

What exactly are you proposing here? You may wish to check with AVF forums Rule 7 for more clarity.
It's doesn't appear to be any of that rule but I will pm you.

Thanks

aoaaron

That 77 inch just isn't budging. WTF is it gonna hit around 4k?

Jemzor

Can be had for £2,409.10 in the UK at the moment.

You may wish to check out Richer Sounds Belfast. They should pricematch UK websites if you refer to Crampton & Moore's promotion but RS may add on a delivery charge for NI/IE

Thanks
I get £2,429.10, but that's a great price nevertheless!

I'm not in a hurry but I do wonder if it'll be worth waiting till BF?

deon444

Distinguished Member
After 3 months of use here is my quick pros and cons GZ2000 (Calibrated):

Pros:
- Excellent Screen Uniformity
- Sublime picture, HDR picture the best I've seen!
- Colour Accuracy
- Near black performance probably the best yet in OLED
- Very good processing 2nd only to Sony
- My Home Screen 4.0 simple, clean and zippy OS
- Good sound with added Sub-Woofer
- No crackling lucky me!:)

Con:
- Occasional micro stutter on 24 fps
- The design could be better, especially the back
- Some Rear-facing HDMI
- Occasional Banding in highlights (HDR)
- Internal Rakuten app is not HDR (Apparently this is the case with all GZ series, Rakuten currently investigating this maybe Pana could fix this with a firmware update)

Overall I'm very pleased with the set! :thumbsup:
That's a pretty accurate summary imo,from having the Gz2000 and Af9 side by side for a week. Think I only noticed 24hz stutter once but it was very fleeting and just about noticeable. You would need to be very sensitive to it to find it bothersome. Wasn't that much difference between IFC and Motionflow,both are very good with the odd artifacts here or there once in a while. The sony imo slightly ahead on that. But both superior to LG Trumotion which always showed artifacts more frequently.

The Sony does have better processing for poorer content, found far more posterization on the Gz2000 vs the Sony.

But you don't really buy a Gz2000 or Af9 for that matter to watch poorer content, well I don't, I just watched poorer content just to compare on torture tests to see how both performed.

But while the Gz2000 did do worse on some content it did better on some others,where my Af9 showed some flashing,while the Gz2000 didn't and showed more detail. So swings and roundabouts really.

Silly place to put the ports as if you need to wall mount it and use all the inputs it would be difficult.

Colour accuracy has always been superb on Panasonic sets,best in the business imo.

The Gz2000 is certainly the most consistently uniform set that's ever been released for a consumer, set and the uniformity on my one was the best I had.

Regret returning it in some ways, as the uniformity was the kind I've been hunting for years when buying a Oled.

Will probably buy it again once the new firmware gets released and the sound gets sorted out. But will wait for a decent price drop before I buy,as it's been out for a few months now,so it's due a decent cut.

Ekko Star

I get £2,429.10, but that's a great price nevertheless!

I'm not in a hurry but I do wonder if it'll be worth waiting till BF?
RS knock off another £20 due to the price match & beat making it £2,409.10

You can wait until black friday but stock will have probably all sold out by then.