1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oled outdoors

Discussion in 'OLED TVs' started by shirleywhite, Sep 4, 2005.

1. shirleywhite

shirleywhite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi all. My main music machines are hd1 and hd5 ( black and still no cracked buttons after 5 months now!!) But I also sometimes use an RH10 minidisc and a Panasonic sv-sd100 flash based player. Both the latter 2 used organic led screens. Absolutely brilliant in dark/indoors etc but.......... as soon as you go outdoors can hardly see a thing! ( Doesnt even have to be bright sunshine - just go outdoors and it's almost impossible to see) I understand that all the Sony flash based players like the 407/507 etc series use oled too. Question - anyone have any tips/ideas? I tried just "cupping my hand over" - which didnt seem to make a lot of difference. Am wondering re any type of screen protector film? ( Would that make it better or worse!?) Or maybe buy a replacement camera eyecup/eyeshade?! ( and use a bit like a jeweller's eyepiece??) Any ideas folks?

2. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    I find the best way in addition to the cup hands is to make like Quasimodo. Sony's OLED's are the brightest of a pretty useless-in-daylight bunch, and the newly discovered message customisation feature for the 400/500 is fun. But give me the iAudio 5 day day. You can actually see the display without staggering across the street hunched over your player in the best "The Bells! The Bells!" fashion.