Oled or QLED for Pc

henrik-t

Established Member
Reaction score
LG c9 or qled q70r for main pc monitor,

same price lg 100$ more, only 900$ on sale offerd to me, the Q80 or Q90 would be dobble the price im offerd or close to it

im not scared of burn in as im getting 3year extended warrenty ,sould i bite??,

I will be using it as main Pc monitor for Work - games/surfing the net youtube ect. im gonna sit 2.5 to 3Feet away apox. and then movies through out the week, but its gonna be my Main monitor for Pc mostly> movies/xbox/ps4 i have a low light room, where only thing in there are my PC.

the thing that worries me from what i have understood from reviews is peek nits and wide total nits are higher on the Q70R but many that compare do it whit a older 7 series oled, or 80r and 90r reviews i feel i heard the 70r have less backlight dimming too. but slightly brighter image, i have a low light room. help me deside, i havent had a Tv for years, i do now use all my time whit a 34" wide dell monitor or my projector, so im frankly out the loop whit TV´s 4k and progress.

so to combat Brun in i have extensions to color youtube logos/site to all grey and the play bar to blue , i have hide taskbar and i have tab manager to remove bright small icon on the tabs whit gray icons. and i can use add-blocker to block logo on webpages if needed. all thats left are Huds ingame, HP bars ect, i dont play fortnight (bright cartoon) or pbug. and i saw rtings test of fps shooter whit no burnin after 1year---

Then theres lagg from what i have gatherd its slightly better on the oled, and the ms grey to grey is better too, prob not a deal breaker, and oled have the 2.1 Hdmi too vs Q70 > 2.0 whit some support for VRR and 120Hz 1440p.

what u think i lean towards the LG c9, and alsow as i sit close i dont want my eyes burn off whit hours on end, will the C9 be better here as its more dim overall, i could prob down the brightness on the Q70 if neded too but that will crush image or?

If i have overlooked anything do reply

Henrik-t

oled if ur not scared of burn in

c9 isnt dim. put the brightness down to make it dim.

im not scared of burn in as im getting 3year extended warrenty ,sould i bite??,

You should probably read the fine print first and ask if you really want the hassle of having a hard fight on your hands down the road with warranty screen burn etc.

I have an OLED TV and while its great picture I just would not risk long term use that involved static UI/logos etc on screen.

For pure TV/Movie use - easy - OLED. For a computer monitor - whatever LCD you can live with.

im playing 900 euro only "NEW in box" thats > 772£ if it last 2-3 years so be it and i cant get the better Q80/85/90r as thay over dobble the price . mainly im intt in whats best for pc, not whats best in terms of risk

Last edited:
im playing 900 euro only "NEW in box" thats > 772£ if it last 2-3 years so be it and i cant get the better Q80/85/90r as thay over dobble the price . mainly im intt in whats best for pc, not whats best in terms of risk

Oled
Oled
Oled

It’s always the best. It just has the burn in risk. If you don’t mind it, go for it

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom