Question OLED image Problems

ado

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anybody with an lg oled got the GMB logo constantly in the bottom left.
I've ran the cleaner numerous times to no affect.
Bought from richer sounds, I never watch GMTV but my wife watches for about 20 to 30 minutes before work.

Last edited:
Have just searched its obviously quite prevalent, whats the usual outcome when contacting RS

Not screen burn thats different, the screen has changed colour or dimmed in the area so its visible to see the good morning Britain writing

The GMB logo has been specifically mentioned previously as being a problem - here's one thread which includes an example photo and some explanations of why this occurs.

Basically, the coloured pixels displaying the bright GMB logo have started to dim over time, which causes a shadow to be visible when watching other content. It's essentially uneven pixel wear, which many refer to as 'screen burn'. It's likely that the brighter your luminance and/or brightness settings, the quicker the pixels displaying a static image will degrade.

Because this is wear, it's widely accepted that it's cumulative, so watching GMB for 30 mins a day for a year could yield the same results as watching it for 130 hours straight !

Its an LG OLED55B7V purchased from Richer sounds
There is also a large oval in the centre of the screen thats a different colour aswell as netflix and other logos on the bottom right.

I have the same problem with 2016 LG OLED 55E6V bought from JL with 5 year warranty.
JL are telling me “screen burn” not covered.
Also can’t replace OLED panel, no spares available from LG!!

Had a reply from richer sounds saying its screen burn, image retention and red pixel degradation so not covered by guarantee and to contact LG

Watching football the middle of the screen is a different colour to the rest.
I bought an oled because LG said this wouldn't be an issue they even advertised as so and 2 years later here it is.
20201028_162427.jpg
20201028_162526.jpg

Your contract of sale is with Richersounds, you have no contract with LG. That item is not reasonably durable nor fit for purpose. Get an engineers report to show that you have not physically damaged it. Then start small claims proceedings against the retailer. Dont listen to their guff about warranty, any warranty is in addition to your consumer rights. It's a simple fact that a TV (an expensive one at that) should not break itself by simply performing its sole purpose inside an unreasonably short period of time.

There is an RS presence on here, maybe they'll do the right thing rather than have a customer jumping through hoops to have their consumer rights honoured.

Phoned LG, had to send them pictures of a yellow screen, the issue has been noted by them and I'm waiting a reply.

I have same issue bought from richer sounds how did you get on.

Waiting for an update on LG, theyve acknowledged the issue but due to the lockdown its going to take longer than usual I expect that anyway.
I'm expecting confirmation that they are going to send a courier for my TV.

Waiting for an update on LG, theyve acknowledged the issue but due to the lockdown its going to take longer than usual I expect that anyway.
I'm expecting confirmation that they are going to send a courier for my TV.
Yeah I did the same got to wait for lockdown to be lifted going to cost £200

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom