Question OLED E6 distorted screen

jerclay

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have my LG OLED E6 playing tricks on my for the second morning in a row. When I turn it on I got distorted/blurry picture - this is how it looks. I then reset to initial setting and everything is back to normal again. Working fine all day, even if I turn it off for a while. Next morning - same thing. I've had this TV for two months now working properly. Any idea what can cause this?

IMG_9877.jpg

I don't know what causes it but my picture sometimes does that when I switch to the Tivo box......I just go around again and it's gone!

I try switching between all my inputs and Netflix and it' still the same. The funny thing, Netflix menu looks just fine, but then I try to play a movie, picture gets distorted! Quite confusing...

Never seen that before, send the picture to LG customer support and tell them your whole setup because maybe they have seen this issue before.

I try switching between all my inputs and Netflix and it' still the same. The funny thing, Netflix menu looks just fine, but then I try to play a movie, picture gets distorted! Quite confusing...
Try turning off Quick Start in the General Menu of the Settings Menu.

Try turning off Quick Start in the General Menu of the Settings Menu.
It worked! What are you, some kind of magician? :) Or is that a known bug? I'll try to turn it back on and see if the problem is back next morning... But thanks a lot anyway!

It worked! What are you, some kind of magician? :) Or is that a known bug? I'll try to turn it back on and see if the problem is back next morning... But thanks a lot anyway!
I had the same thing happen a couple of times when I first got my E6 a year ago and found this solution somewhere online. Since I turned Quick Start off it hasn't happened again. I hope your experience is the same.[emoji106]

I had the same thing happen a couple of times when I first got my E6 a year ago and found this solution somewhere online. Since I turned Quick Start off it hasn't happened again. I hope your experience is the same.[emoji106]
I definitely hope so too! But does LG know about this? In my country LG support seemed to have no idea this bug exists, at least, this is not what they advised me to do right away (they asked me to make a video of the screen when the problem appears again and send to them - but thanks to you I have nothing to film now :)). Or is it just a glitch on some of the E6 models? Mine is September 2016 built.

I definitely hope so too! But does LG know about this? In my country LG support seemed to have no idea this bug exists, at least, this is not what they advised me to do right away (they asked me to make a video of the screen when the problem appears again and send to them - but thanks to you I have nothing to film now :)). Or is it just a glitch on some of the E6 models? Mine is September 2016 built.
I am not sure it's a bug as such. My understanding is that when Quick Start is enabled the TV does not do a complete reboot on each start up, which on occasion can cause an issue.
In any event since I turned it off I haven't had the problem occur again.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom