OLED Buyer Help (Phillips/LG/Sony)

Topp

Novice Member
Hi Everyone,

I am looking to purchase a new tv after having my current one for over 8+ years. After doing some research its become clear to me that OLED is the best current option for me however I'm unsure which TV is right for me as it'll really be my first higher end TV.

Im currently stuck between the philips 65OLED806, Sony A80J and the LG C14 (is the C14 what everyone calls the C1?).
Ive read alot about how good the Sony and LG TV's are but I have got a killer deal on the philips so was wondering if you could help point out the differences between the philips and the other two? (will I be missing out on anything major?)

I currently plan on getting the 65 inch model of the Philips but possibly the 77 inch model of the Sony/LG

As you can tell im a noob when it comes to this TV stuff so any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

next010

Distinguished Member
Hi Everyone,

I am looking to purchase a new tv after having my current one for over 8+ years. After doing some research its become clear to me that OLED is the best current option for me however I'm unsure which TV is right for me as it'll really be my first higher end TV.

Im currently stuck between the philips 65OLED806, Sony A80J and the LG C14 (is the C14 what everyone calls the C1?).
Ive read alot about how good the Sony and LG TV's are but I have got a killer deal on the philips so was wondering if you could help point out the differences between the philips and the other two? (will I be missing out on anything major?)

I currently plan on getting the 65 inch model of the Philips but possibly the 77 inch model of the Sony/LG

As you can tell im a noob when it comes to this TV stuff so any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

The Philips and Sony are somewhat similar to one another, both use Mediatek chipsets with a video co-processor, Google AndroidTV as the operating system.

The Philips has Amblight system which generates ambient light dynamically.

The LG has 4 HDMI 2.1 ports whereas the others have only 2 and the LG is the best for gaming.

If that doesn't matter to you and this is largely TV/movies and your getting the Philips on a good deal then I'd go for it, there is a decent review of the Philips 806 here, you will need a web browser that auto translates.

djcla

Distinguished Member
I'm in the same boat trying to figure out which of these 3 to get . Lack of DTS on the LG is annoying as I'd like to lose the Nvidia shield altogether and just run a TV with sound bar. Might get a ps5 in the future but not a serious gamer.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom