OLED Burn In Risk

I guess since it takes quite some time to search its possible that will happen if you do it a lot but really you could minimize the time taking by casting from a PC or phone instead. I guess you can also use logo dimming on the newer LGs for the logos too.

Like anything though, using the TV with lots of static elements you are at more risk than mixed usage. Having those logos on the screen for any length of time will produce damage similar to the rtings.com test of CNN being played in a loop.
Thing is...i dont care for that burn in i m just sayn that is happening easly.
I wona best picture in the world and only oled is giving me that at this point so like i wrote before,my next tv will also be oled.

Apologies for yet another question about ' Burn In ' , Dodge [ and thank you for taking time out to answer all of my silly questions in the past ] -
One of the programmes I watch 5 days per week which lasts approximately 2 hours per day [ with adverts ] is Channel 5's ' Jeremy Vine Show ' - I noticed for the first time last week that the show contains a logo which is present throughout - I take it this will have a cumulative effect of a risk of ' Burn In ' ?
Should I forget about buying an OLED and concentrate on the best LED I can afford [ around £1200 ] ?

It seems that Panasonic GZ2000 have more burn in resistant panel,try with that one.

LG Displays make all the OLED panels found in TVs, regardless of the TV manufacturer.
Check this out.

My budget is only around £1200 , Megatama .
I could buy the LGB8 or the Panasonic FZ802B .
You need new tv now or you can wait to see what will LG make in 2020?

Check this out.

T3 said:
the brand's engineers have invented a new cooling technology which allows the panel to be driven harder and therefore brighter, both in terms of APL (average picture level) and HDR peak brightness.

So it's a custom cooling solution which they claim will allow the TV to be brighter. I've not seen anything to suggest it is more resilient to burn in. I'd also be concerned the panel won't last as long, regardless of Panasonic's claims, but that's just my cynicism.

So it's a custom cooling solution which they claim will allow the TV to be brighter. I've not seen anything to suggest it is more resilient to burn in. I'd also be concerned the panel won't last as long, regardless of Panasonic's claims, but that's just my cynicism.
OLED continues to be at the center of a sometimes heated debate about burn-in. Since OLED is a self-emitting display technology, where the light source ages during use, it is indisputable that each light emitting diode will age at a different pace, meaning inhomogeneously, if you abuse the screen by constantly displaying static content. The real question is "how much does it take"? We cannot answer that question during our time 2-3 week review period but curiously GZ2000 exhibits different behavior than other OLED TVs. Normally, we can provoke temporary retention through the use of our test patterns for calibration. This retention will disappear again soon after. GZ2000 seemed almost immune to our torture tests. Even after long test sessions with a 1000 nits static window there was no retention to be found on the panel - not even on a grey verification pattern. Of course, it is far too early to conclude that Panasonic has cracked the code but one possible explanation could be that since the panel is equipped with a more effective heat dissipation solution, cool off time for the diodes is reduced. If this is indeed the case, the risk of burn-in is most likely be reduced, too, since ageing of diodes is greatly accelerated the warmer they get (that's why accelerated tests typically take place at elevated temperatures).

You need new tv now or you can wait to see what will LG make in 2020?
The plan was to buy a new 55" telly as soon as I'd chosen , then I realised Black Friday wasn't that far away - however I'm guessing only a select few will be knocked down in price , probably those that are of no interest to me -
Where I am at the moment is I'm not sure whether an OLED is suitable for my needs and I'm trying to figure out which LED to consider along with the Panasonic XF9005 which DodgeXander recommended to me [ along with the LGB8 ] - I was wondering whether one of the LG Nano Cell TVs came anywhere near close , maybe the 9010PLA .

OLED continues to be at the center of a sometimes heated debate about burn-in. Since OLED is a self-emitting display technology, where the light source ages during use, it is indisputable that each light emitting diode will age at a different pace, meaning inhomogeneously, if you abuse the screen by constantly displaying static content. The real question is "how much does it take"? We cannot answer that question during our time 2-3 week review period but curiously GZ2000 exhibits different behavior than other OLED TVs. Normally, we can provoke temporary retention through the use of our test patterns for calibration. This retention will disappear again soon after. GZ2000 seemed almost immune to our torture tests. Even after long test sessions with a 1000 nits static window there was no retention to be found on the panel - not even on a grey verification pattern. Of course, it is far too early to conclude that Panasonic has cracked the code but one possible explanation could be that since the panel is equipped with a more effective heat dissipation solution, cool off time for the diodes is reduced. If this is indeed the case, the risk of burn-in is most likely be reduced, too, since ageing of diodes is greatly accelerated the warmer they get (that's why accelerated tests typically take place at elevated temperatures).

If they've cracked that, then I'll take my hat off to them. The only thing holding back Panasonic is the OS. By implementing HDR10+ and Dolby Vision on their sets, they are doing a lot to appeal to their market.

The plan was to buy a new 55" telly as soon as I'd chosen , then I realised Black Friday wasn't that far away - however I'm guessing only a select few will be knocked down in price , probably those that are of no interest to me -
Where I am at the moment is I'm not sure whether an OLED is suitable for my needs and I'm trying to figure out which LED to consider along with the Panasonic XF9005 which DodgeXander recommended to me [ along with the LGB8 ] - I was wondering whether one of the LG Nano Cell TVs came anywhere near close , maybe the 9010PLA .
Xf9005 is Sony not Panasonic,i dont know what to tell you about rest.....

If they've cracked that, then I'll take my hat off to them. The only thing holding back Panasonic is the OS. By implementing HDR10+ and Dolby Vision on their sets, they are doing a lot to appeal to their market.
At least we see now that progres on oled panels is possible but...monopol.

I'm in the same boat. Concerned about possible future screen burn on OLEDs so looking at the Sony 55XF90 but tempted by reducing prices on the FZ802 and C8. The GZ950 is out of my budget at present but who knows what next month will bring.

NJ1970 - just to let you know , Richer Sounds have a voucher system in place and are offering £100 off the GZ950 making it £1399 just now .

Apologies for yet another question about ' Burn In ' , Dodge [ and thank you for taking time out to answer all of my silly questions in the past ] -
One of the programmes I watch 5 days per week which lasts approximately 2 hours per day [ with adverts ] is Channel 5's ' Jeremy Vine Show ' - I noticed for the first time last week that the show contains a logo which is present throughout - I take it this will have a cumulative effect of a risk of ' Burn In ' ?
Should I forget about buying an OLED and concentrate on the best LED I can afford [ around £1200 ] ?

If I were you I'd buy an OLED and just stop watching that awful program...;)

Seriously though what colour is the logo? Bright red/yellow/orange is what you've got to worry about. Even then its thousands of hours of cumulative display. You've got years of watching JV before it would be an issue. And if you keep OLED light lower then even longer.

The logo on the Jeremy Vine Show is blue and white in colour and is there throughout the show which lasts 2 hours per day 5 days per week .
I did think yesterday that I could watch it on my laptop every day but that's not a reason to buy a telly - thing is I'd be forever worrying which programme was going to be detrimental to my new screen .
I'm probably being silly but I can't help worrying after reading the horror stories in the OLED thread .
I'm not in a position to keep buying a new television every other year so whichever telly I buy needs to last a minimum of 6 years or more .

One day I'm convinced that OLED is the best way to go then the following day I'm back searching for the best LED .
Silly I know but I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one -

So if heat is a possible problem with burn-in would having an OLED TV near/in front a radiator potentially make the burn-in risk higher or happen sooner?

One day I'm convinced that OLED is the best way to go then the following day I'm back searching for the best LED .
Silly I know but I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one -
I watched last night John Wick 3 in 4k HDR....OLED is the best thing when we speak about picture.

So if heat is a possible problem with burn-in would having an OLED TV near/in front a radiator potentially make the burn-in risk higher or happen sooner?
If this is really true about temps then ambient temperature is afecting also the temps of panels....

I was wondering whether one of the LG Nano Cell TVs came anywhere near close , maybe the 9010PLA .
No. They do not come close at all. They are TVs designed for people who need wide viewing angles and can't go OLED.

When the Samsung Q80R and Sony ZF9 are offering a way to go for an LCD with a VA type panel instead of an IPS panel and they have slightly wider viewing angles that pushes the value, or reason to buy an LG LCD even lower. In short, just avoid their LCDs at this end of the market.

Thank you for taking the time to answer , DodgeX.
Do you mind me asking - do you own an OLED yourself ?
No. Financially I can't afford it right now :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom