OLED bestbuy open box floor model

Henmen

Novice Member
Hello, today I went in to bestbuy with the plan to purchase the LG C1 65. Upon getting there a worker told me they had an open box floor model CX available. This large price difference won me over so I got the open box. Upon getting home I had some remorse about getting a used OLED. I was partially convincing myself that due to covid it might not have been ran the full year.
I learned I could check the power on time and it showed only 3 hours, which is about how long I've had it on.
Do you think bestbuy would reset the power on time or could they have possiblity have been wrong about it being a floor model? It still has the plastic film on the screen.
Thanks

mikej

Here in the UK, 'open box' usually means a purchased product that has been opened and then returned for some reason, whereas a model that's been out on the shop floor is normally called 'ex-display'.

If it still had the plastic film on the screen, then that might be an indication it wasn't an ex-display / shop floor model ? Or it could have been opened in the store and then never put out. Either way, the fact that you got a good discount and it doesn't have excessive hours on it is good news !

Henmen

Novice Member
Here in the UK, 'open box' usually means a purchased product that has been opened and then returned for some reason, whereas a model that's been out on the shop floor is normally called 'ex-display'.

If it still had the plastic film on the screen, then that might be an indication it wasn't an ex-display / shop floor model ? Or it could have been opened in the store and then never put out. Either way, the fact that you got a good discount and it doesn't have excessive hours on it is good news !
I am feeling much better now. I looked on the back and it was manufactured 02/21. I'm really excited for my first nice tv!

Henmen

Novice Member
I just saw that LG is offering 5 year warranty on the g1. I am still in my return window. Would it be worth it to return my CX and get the g1 with no geek squad warranty for about 1000$ difference? Or do you think I should just keep my CX.
Edit: I also bought a wall mount, Sonos arc and two Sonos surrounds so maybe I should just stop now haha.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom