Sony 77AG9 vs LG 77C9

• Sony 77AG9

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • LG 77C9

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

joscejrod

Novice Member
Hopefully you can help me to choose between these 2 big tv. Thanks in advance!

Any important reason to wait for 2020 models?

sebna

This thread is of similar content :)

thedoswells

Hopefully you can help me to choose between these 2 big tv. Thanks in advance!

Any important reason to wait for 2020 models?
If you do a lot of gaming, I would choose the LG. If not, I would go for the Sony as I believe it would be best to have the highest quality motion and upscaling on a TV that size, and you won't get better than the Sony for those things.
I don't imagine the 2020 models will have big differences from the 2019 models...

joscejrod

Novice Member
If you do a lot of gaming, I would choose the LG. If not, I would go for the Sony as I believe it would be best to have the highest quality motion and upscaling on a TV that size, and you won't get better than the Sony for those things.
I don't imagine the 2020 models will have big differences from the 2019 models...
Steve Withers has just reviewed LG 77C9 and comparing with AG9 he says that LG has more features (hdmi 2.1& better SO for example) for less money. He haven’t found any disadvantage in image quality in 77C9 compared to 77AG9.

So, why reviewers always put C9 at the top but users at forums choose ag9 when comparing?

thedoswells

Steve Withers has just reviewed LG 77C9 and comparing with AG9 he says that LG has more features (hdmi 2.1& better SO for example) for less money. He haven’t found any disadvantage in image quality in 77C9 compared to 77AG9.

So, why reviewers always put C9 at the top but users at forums choose ag9 when comparing?
Yes I have read that now. I was surprised because when the 55" and 65" C9 was reviewed, it was considered very good, but maybe not quite as good as the Sony or Panasonic for motion or upscaling.
So I am surprised that the 77" model is considered to be as good. If the C9 is as good as he says, then I would definitely go for it, because it has the excellent web os, and hdmi 2.1. I would be interested to see it running with average quality content...

lumper

I agree with and voted for the LG.
Better price, more options, better features, LG has closed the gap in color and motion to the point that although some may say the colors are handled better with the Sony, I dont think it justifies the premium price and isnt anything that cant be adjusted to your liking in settings or with calibration should you chose to go that way.
If you plan to game the choice is obvious.
I think you get more for less with the Lg, just my opinion.

Last edited: