OLED 55 inch TV - Advice please

GJ121

Novice Member
Hard to ignore the CX due for a mix-use TV. Some gaming quality of life features such as HGIG make it worthwhile, plus it's really a small step up compared to the 706.

805 not worth £100 more than CX.
Thanks, and if the amblight turns out to be the chosen route?

706 or 805 with 20 pounds difference.
Appreciate all the help.

These all have 5 year extended warranty but would you take the additional accident care on top of this or is it not worth the extra £100 on top for this?

Appreciate all the assistance - it's a big purchase and want to ensure I have the right choice. 👍👍

iwb100

Distinguished Member
If ambilight is a priority I'd go for the 805 since it has 4 sided rather than 3 sided. Although if you are a gamer, you may go for the 706 for HDMI 2.1.
Yep. Ambilight isn’t in anyway worth having a worse TV though and the C1 for £999 or CX for £899 are both much better all round TVs imho.

iwb100

Distinguished Member
Was just in Curry's and they will price match the 55 B1 at £899. Is that decent?
The CX is a better TV than the B1. Higher peak brightness for HDR and 4 2.1HDMI slots rather than 1.

I’d also buy the C1 for £100 more over the B1.

Your best buys are the C1 or CX at current prices.

GJ121

Novice Member
I went for the LG 55 CX, thanks for all your help and won't clog up the boards anymore with my indecision.
Crampton and Moore £899.
Deal done.

iwb100

Distinguished Member
I went for the LG 55 CX, thanks for all your help and won't clog up the boards anymore with my indecision.
Crampton and Moore £899.
Deal done.
You’ve done the right thing. Either CX or C1 were your best options. Had my CX a few days now and it’s absolutely brilliant. A good upgrade on my C6.

GJ121

Novice Member
Hello again, Happy New Year.
Just looking for a wee bit of advice regarding sound issue I have on new TV. Picture is great but sound seems to fluctuate up and down e.g watched a quiz show last night and the sound of the audience overpowered the host speaking and like there was noticeable dips and peaks in volume.
Is there a setting I need to disable /enable to improve this?
I tried with soundbar too and it still happens but less noticeable.
Thanks for any assistance in advance.

Dodgexander

You can adjust the equalizer to boost the frequency of speech or decline the frequency of sound effects. Not sure if LGs have it, but also volume levelling can help too, or night mode.

TVs will often have sound presets like 'Speech' that do this for you.

A lot of the problem is with the source, with programs mixing sound effects louder, and speech quieter, I have the same trouble with shows nowadays.

A soundbar can usually help a lot, but it can depend on the sound signature and also the preset you have that set too. If the soundbar has a central tweeter and woofer with a sound signature boosting mids speech can be very clear but if there's no woofer, or it has a dark and muddy signature then its not going to be clear.
Same advice with TVs applies to soundbars also, sometimes they too have volume levelling, night mode or modes that boost speech.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom