Oldish Epson projectors not responding to remote controls

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Garry Hicks, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Garry Hicks

Garry Hicks
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I now have 2 fairly old but rarely used Epson projectors that will not respond to the remote controls. I have tried the obvious solutions like different remotes, replacing batteries (as well as checking them with a meter and checking the IR output with my camera phone) so I know the remotes are good. I am thinking the remote control option has some how been disabled (ex government projectors). These particular projectors only have four buttons on the top so I cannot access the menu without the buttons on the remote. Just wondering if there is any way to do a "hard reset" to clear any possible configuration settings that are blocking IR control, or any combination of button pressing on the projector to let me back in? Model numbers are EMP-52 and EMP-73. I have instruction manuals for both but there isn't any thing in them that helps.

2. SteveCritten

SteveCritten
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,671
    Are they both working normally otherwise?

3. Garry Hicks

Garry Hicks
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, both seem to work perfectly and show little sign of use. Nice bright images and no signs of internal dust problems. One has previously been used in a ceiling install so I need to access the menu to flip the image.

4. SteveCritten

SteveCritten
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,671
    Have you got a universal remote in the home you could try programming? Seems strange that both are not working.

5. Garry Hicks

Garry Hicks
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have 3 or 4 universals about but I don't think any of work projectors, no codes in the booklets that came with them anyway.