Oldest item of clothing

bodoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whats the oldest item of clothing you still have and wear.

Mines a white T shirt with a picture of `Fat Freddies Cat` on the front, its 28 years old and i still wear it regulary,
It must of been washed hundreds of times and it still keeps its shape although the white is not as white as it was and the picture is little bit faded.

I think i want to be buried in it:)

A red dressing gown my parent's bought me for Christmas when I was 10. 14 years later and it still fits me.

I do have a few items nearing 18 years unfortunately as my gut has grown a I've had to stop wearing them.

Do shoes count?

Dave

Including accessories? 1998 watch
Including shoes? 2004 Clarkes - v. good :thumbsup:
Clothes? 2006 Mutley T-shirt - he he he he he - really should be binned - in a lot of photos now :p

Including accessories? 1998 watch
Including shoes? 2004 Clarkes - v. good :thumbsup:
Clothes? 2006 Mutley T-shirt - he he he he he - really should be binned - in a lot of photos now :p

Their is plenty of life left in that shirt yet, its virtually new:D

A pair of walking boots I bought in 1978 then :)

My drinking shirt is at least 15 years old. The last pair of shades I had were of a similar age. The wife said to me 'You've worn those shades back into fashion!'. :laugh:

Last edited:
I've a couple of t-shirts I got working in pubs in the early 90's, but rarely wear them.

I've a Bob Dylan long sleeve concert t-shirt from '94 that I do wear regularly. Incredible, given the fact that it wasn't official merchandise, but bought outside the venue from a street trader for £5.

I think I've got a pair of pants I've had since I was about 8. Just thinking about trying to wear them is making my nads hurt :(

Oh forgot to mention that part 2 of this thread is that you have to post a photo of yourself wearing the items you have
mentioned in your posts, just so there is no cheating:devil:

A 19 year old pair of DM boots.

Crowded House tour t-shirt from 1993.

Oh forgot to mention that part 2 of this thread is that you have to post a photo of yourself wearing the items you have
mentioned in your posts, just so there is no cheating:devil:
bananahammock.jpg

That's all you're getting :p

just thought i'd bump this to make you all aware that it's essential you keep your other halfs away from your old clothes.

I've had a pair of 3/4s that I loved for years, and they developed a small hole in them (about an inch). I still wore them around the house and for going to football / hockey etc, and they were my favourite ones.

anyway I let my girlfriend near them, and she decided to rip them apart. 'oh, I thought you'd see the funny side'. FUNNY side?!!:mad: I'm still fuming!

anyway rant over, though she'll never hear the end of it!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom