Older TV CEC control

Keith41

Novice Member
Hi all have a older lg TV a lg 42ld450 now when sky's hd+ box is connected to TV it turns TV and says connecting simplink device and the sky box turns on and off living room TV now where on Chromecast this doesnt switch on living room TV now obviously TV has simplink as otherwise wouldn't work with sky but when go to do it with Chromecast nothing I've tried to find the simplink setting on this old girl to turn on power simplink on the TV menu for the Chromecast and can't find it where is it I'm confused

next010

Distinguished Member
Google don't provide any HDMI-CEC controls on the Chromecast, its always on if its compatible with whatever CEC implementation is present (what LG brands as Simplink) .

If it doesn't see any CEC than it may not support the older version used on the TV.

The newest Chromecast with GoogleTV do have a on screen display with menu settings, try checking preferences/power for CEC controls.

Keith41

Novice Member
Right out Panasonic LCD pre 2010 TV in bedroom not smart tv has Chromecast 3rd generation plugged into hdmi if tell Google assistant to turn TV on or off it does it now living room TV the LG one has older Chromecast ultra and when tell assistant to turn TV on or off it doesn't do it it says it is but doesn't do it Google says check if has CEC hdmi control now I've looked everywhere in the settings on lg TV can't see where to turn CEC control on or off all I know is living room TV when sky is turned on it comes up simplink and turns TV on or off according to what I press on remote

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom