Older JVC X7 or newer X30/35 or now X55 or Sony W55?!

HariSeldon

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking at getting a 2nd hand PJ - Budget anywhere up to about £1750, but ideally around £1250.

I can get an X7 for roughly the same money as an X30. Do the older higher end models still offer better PQ than the newer base models? Key issue for me is black levels and fan noise as PJ will only be used in light controlled room. Not really too fussed about 3D as only use occasionally for kids, and have 3D tv's anyway.

Cheers

Hari

go with a new x35 and get better performance and a 3 year warranty

So an x35 has it over an x7?

What's the new price of an x35 at the moment? How does the new sony w40 compare?

I'm still trying to find a few spare pennies for that sunfire 7401 ;)

I`d say it has tbh, ok the X7 might have a cms but that's it for me, the X35 is brighter, certainly as good in the black level dept imho, better 3d yes I know that's not important but 3 years warranty is

in the right room the Sony 40 is good but the ultimate blacks will always go to the JVC, funny I`ve done a demo this afternoon with the Optoma HD91 and the couple of guys who came though it was gonna be too dim and poor blacks

both agreed that what they had read was nonsense so its best to trust your own eyes rather than someone elses

OK, so the usual story, been reading reviews and looking at other available offers, and have decided to increase the budget ;)

I've been offered an ex-dem X55 with just 70 hours on the lamp, 3d glasses and 5 year guarantee for £2799. I like the idea of the 4k eshift and CMS - although the reviews vary in how much they think this improves PQ. However at this price I can also get a new Sony HW55 which by all accounts is brighter than the X55 so would probably be better bet when used during the day for footy watching?

I'm going to view them tomorrow but wondered what the views on here were?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom