• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

older 3 d tele

blueray22

I remember seeing a tele a couple of years ago i think it was a panasonic 3 d around 50 inches.can you still get plasmas i still have a sony 32 dx150 crt but looking for a upgrade will i get a picture close to my crt tele on standard def.i also have a panasonic bs 850 freesat blueray dvd recorder i have never used the hd can any reconmend something for me thanks

fluxo

Distinguished Member
I think there are probably a few around here and there. What is your budget?

Cheers.

martinthorn1

There are not that many new plasmas available anymore (being phased out in favour of lcd-led and (eventually) oled technologies. But contrary to the media statements here and elsewhere there are still brand new plasmas out there, just not the high end ones anymore.

If you really want a new 50" plasma there's the following low end one still on sale: SAMSUNG PE51H4500 51" for about £500(currys!) but no 3d and only hd ready (720p resolution). It will still have a better picture than most led tvs at that price(but watch out for reflective screen in bright room). Or there's the LG 50PB690V 50" plasma which has 3d and full hd but is about £670 from amazon. Good luck with your choice.

Martin

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom