1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oldboy Ultimate Edition v Special Edition

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by edinburgh160, Mar 3, 2005.

1. edinburgh160

edinburgh160

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having both I thought there was a markup in the picture of the LE version of the film, and it is stated in
    http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDCompare7/oldboy.htm

Why after only 6 months they remastered this for the UE (of which there are only 2700 copies) is strange. Still the difference is staggering as you will see in the comparison pictures. Worth opening the box for folks !!!!!

2. BAN5HEE

BAN5HEE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
    Who do you have to kill to get your hands on the UE? Where would you be able to buy one?

3. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +320
    Because only 2754 where made, dont know what relevance the number is but probably has one.

There is one in the classifides for sale and several on fleabay.

4. Buck Swope

Buck Swope
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now what I really want to see is how the new Tartan version compare. I,ll be double dipping for the extras alone (i've got the 2 disc R3 special edition) but if the picture quality is as good as the Ultimate Edition it's one hell of a dvd :devil:

Isn't this Final Edition just the same as the Ultimate Edition? (minus packaging and various goodies obviously). The first 2 disc version I hear is discontinued so I presume this Final Edition was it's replacement. Also i'm guessing hear but is this one here is just it's 1 disc equivalant?