Old TV

A

abz_da_man

Hi I have a VERY old tv with jus the RF ariel socket, would it be possible to link a dvd player through this socket as u can link a video games console through it or a video player. And if so, then how do i do this?? Many thanks.

if you have a VHS player with a scart socket, connect your DVD player to the video via a scart lead. To watch DVD's you will have to simply change the channel reserved for the video (usually channel 0). When you switch on the DVD player on it shall over ride what would normally be seen on the video. However, doing it this way may lose quite a lot of quality!

Hope this helps

Cheers but i have seen a RF box for Playstations which takes in the usual three inputs (L/R Audio and video) and the the other end is RF so in theory I could plug the audio/video wires from the dvd player into the rf box then polug that into the tv, that should work hopefully??

Try using that but theres no guarantee it will work. Although the PS2 is also a DVD player. You might aswell use it as one if you already have one. If not you should get one as it has more than one function. If you are worried about the quality then dont. Since the limiting factor will be the TV.

Eventually you will need a new TV in order to use Hi Def and such.

i shall experiment and find out tonight maybe! See im not overly fussed with quality and all the hassle of buying new stuff, i wana make do wit wat i already have so dont wana buy a ps2 or anything at all....we shall see....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom