Old TV Series Love Thy Neighbor

BluWarfareHD09

Right my mum keeps going on about an old tv series called Love Thy Neighbour and thought I would try and get it for her for christmas. I've seen it but there are loads of different ones and I am not sure what I should be getting exactly. Any help welcomed

BluWarfareHD09

Why do you need the other one :confused:

quarry2006

Was the coach trip episode never originally aired?

brian s

Distinguished Member
The last thread on this show was closed down fairly quickly so it'll be interesting to see how long this one lasts. To answer the OP's qustion I'd say start with series one and see how well your mother gets on with it. Buy her more for future events if she still enjoys the show.

Bri

Garrett

The last thread on this show was closed down fairly quickly so it'll be interesting to see how long this one lasts. To answer the OP's qustion I'd say start with series one and see how well your mother gets on with it. Buy her more for future events if she still enjoys the show.

Bri

I think???? the other one was closed because of the attitude of posters rather than the program.

Lets keep this one civil.

Oh and Bri there was a film Love Thy Neighbour (1973) - IMDb

:laugh: as I thought Andrea Lawrence (that rather big lady if you know what I mean from Countess Dracula) was in it and was in a few of the comedies round that time just looked down the cast and there she was.

Last edited:
I'm not an expert but I suspect Ian's saying that the Coach Trip must be missing from the "Complete" Collection. Wasn't there also a film?

Bri

The coach trip episode is always being listed as missing but it isn't.
The confusion arises because it's in the wrong place.
It is included as the last episode on the series 7 disc.
Not sure of its correct place but on the previous release it was also represented on the episode list with a still from the preceding episode.

The original releases were a tad confusing as the series 3 set also included episodes of series 4 so when Thames themselves came to release series 4 they were unaware that the episodes were already out.
That release was quickly deleted.
The confusion on that came about as series 3 and 4 were both broadcast very close together in an almost unbroken run of 15 so it's become unclear whether its 2 series or was intended to be a single one -but that seems unlikely given ITV's policy on comedy at the time.

The April Fool episode is missing.
Not been included on any releases although I can't recall where that should be either.

The movie was also available .
In the movie version of Man About the House , some of the characters spend time in the bar at Thames studios (the bar at Pinewood IIRC) where the LTN actors are drinking and George Roper says to the black character - "You're sambo from the jungle" and this line was edited out of the last ITV broadcast which is understandable as there's no reference to LTN so new viewers would wonder why George would make the comments.

brian s

Distinguished Member
The movie was also available .
In the movie version of Man About the House , some of the characters spend time in the bar at Thames studios (the bar at Pinewood IIRC) where the LTN actors are drinking and George Roper says to the black character

I remember that scene from the MATH film. Rudolph Walker and Jack Smethurst played themselves as the actors who appeared in LTN. After Roper made his racist comment Smethurst defended Walker. Roper said something like you call him that all the time. Smethurst said it was only acting as he and Walker were good mates. It was a kind of rebut to those who supported Eddie Booth and Alf Garnet's unsavory views.

Bri

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom