old TV - LE40M86BD and MPEG4 ?

eraplai

Standard Member
Hi, I have a perfectly well functioning old Samsung LE40M86BD (from about 2008). Now the terrestrial network (Sweden) just changed digital format to MPEG4. I searched new channels but the TV cannot handle MPEG4. The decoder is built into the TV. Is there any work-around to install some MPEG4 codec or other solution? (without having to buy new TV) ...or perhaps I should buy some external decoder if possible? If someone guide me I would be very happy. I am not very techy anymore I'm afraid... :/

grunfgrunf63

Hi, I have a perfectly well functioning old Samsung LE40M86BD (from about 2008). Now the terrestrial network (Sweden) just changed digital format to MPEG4. I searched new channels but the TV cannot handle MPEG4. The decoder is built into the TV. Is there any work-around to install some MPEG4 codec or other solution? (without having to buy new TV) ...or perhaps I should buy some external decoder if possible? If someone guide me I would be very happy. I am not very techy anymore I'm afraid... :/
External hdmi decoder is your best solution.
See if your Gov. is actually giving bonuses toward the purchase of a new tv/decoder. Some European countries are doing that due to changes, Italy as an example.
Or, you should ask your TV licence office as they might offer something.

Upvote 0

eraplai

Standard Member
External hdmi decoder is your best solution.
See if your Gov. is actually giving bonuses toward the purchase of a new tv/decoder. Some European countries are doing that due to changes, Italy as an example.
Or, you should ask your TV licence office as they might offer something.
Thanks very much, for your tips!!

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom