Old Toshiba 56WH08B versus New Toshiba 57WT29B

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Julia, Sep 16, 2002.

1. Julia

Julia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I soon intend to buy an RPTV and I would like to know which of the two has the best picture. :confused:

On the one hand Toshiba 56WH08B had very good reviews in the past ( but that was two years ago and maybe the competition and the testing standards have evolved?)

On the other hand the new Toshiba 57WT29B has just appeared and it might be better or not. I've read some magazine reviews of the smaller 42WT29B which said that the picture is not excellent. Maybe the bigger version is better?

I'm not interested in the digital tuner of 57WT29B, I just want to have the better picture.

Thanks,

Julia

2. Julia

Julia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ... Also what do you think: is there any difference in picture quality between a 57" (or 56") screen and a 50" one?

All help appreciated.

Julia

3. Julia

Julia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm about to commit £2,500 for Toshiba 57WT29B (let me know if you know a better deal).

Has anyone heard of any problems with it?

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks,

Julia:)

4. Brianjhussey

Brianjhussey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Julia,

I guess the lack of response to your questions would indicate that there are not many 57 WT29Bs out there, as it is relatively new.
    Normally the members of this forum are very helpful.
    I had the same reservations as you did and after many hours on the web eventually found a 56WHO8B.
    I did not require the integrated tuner and was swayed by the reviews of the 42WT29B.
    Brian.

5. Julia

Julia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Brian,

Thanks for your reply. You're right: from the lack of response I gather that 57WT29B is not that popular (probably because of its price, size and the fact that it's an RP?!).

Anyway, yesterday morning I ordered it at Robertsons-OnLine and it should be delivered in the next 2-3 weeks (apart from the good price, their 7 days return policy seemed very attractive).

I understand from your postings that you expect your 56WH08B to arrive in the next few days. Congratulations and let me know when you receive it what was your impression and if you had any problems (hopefully there will be none!).

I hardly wait to get mine as well, and now I'm thinking of a worthy matching DVD player.

Julia:)