Old Thomson HD box problems

p alan

Standard Member
I have had the PSU upgraded on this box, everything worked fine for a couple of weeks and now the picture freezers / judders and I get a screeching noise from the box as though something is slipping.This is only from programs that have been recorded. Can anyone tell me if this box can be repaired or am I wasting my money.Any info would be much appreciated.

The screeching sound would seem to be a failing HDD.

logiciel

logiciel

We've had another report of a useless response - they must be in a bad mood after the weekend!
Try again with the PPP path - e-mail form at MySky> Complaints form> E-mail J darroch.

logiciel

We've had another report of a useless response - they must be in a bad mood after the weekend!
Try again with the PPP path - e-mail form at MySky> Complaints form> E-mail J Darroch.

MartinPickering

Stand the Digibox on its end. If the screeching is from the Hard Drive bearings, the noise might stop and give you normal operation for a while. Obviously your could replace the HDD but you have to decide whether it's worth the expense and trouble. If the HDD is faulty, you might get a used one from Digifix or off -eBay- at low cost.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LCD TVs for Movies, Laser Projectors, RIP Ennio Morricone, AV & Movie news, B+W Matt Damon
Top Bottom