Old Thomson HD Box - HDD Migration

snaithg

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a very old Thomson HD box and I am expecting to get a brand new [hopefully 2TB DRX895] HD box to replace it soon. I want to migrate all my current recordings to the new box using ExPVR [or Copy+ ???], is this supported for my old Thomson?

Details of old Thomson Box:
Model Number: 102140
Version Number: 4E3004
EPG S/W Version: SKY+8.3.2

Also, if I don't manage to get a new box with a 2TB disk fitted as standard, what is the best 2TB HDD to buy as a replacement for the smaller drive?

I was thinking that the "WD AV-GP Enterprise 2 TB 3.5-inch SATA Internal Hard Drive" from Amazon may prove suitable!

Thanks,
Graham.

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
ExPVR does support conversion from pre-Darwin versions of the SkyHD box, so you should be OK. You can get to the disk in the 2TB box without taking it out (or could anyway - mine is an early 2TB box). It's all a bit fiddly, but perfectly feasible.

Jerry

ExPVR does support conversion from pre-Darwin versions of the SkyHD box, so you should be OK. You can get to the disk in the 2TB box without taking it out (or could anyway - mine is an early 2TB box). It's all a bit fiddly, but perfectly feasible.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry.

I've also just managed to extricate our current Sky Box from the TV cabinet and now see that the actual model number is indeed the supported Thomson DSI8215. :)

Does anyone know whether "Copy+" is still supported? This is what I used a few years back when I upgraded our current box.

Graham.

Last edited:
Copy+ doesn't support the latest OS, I'm afraid. ExPVR is straightforward to use, though. The only fiddly bit is opening the boxes.

Jerry

Copy+ doesn't support the latest OS, I'm afraid. ExPVR is straightforward to use, though. The only fiddly bit is opening the boxes.

Jerry

Thanks again Jerry, ExPVR it is then. All I need to do now is organise the replacement box.

Graham.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom