1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Sony camcorder...

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by lynx, Mar 29, 2004.

1. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +302
    I have a Sony ccd tr620 which is analogue. Is there anyway way to connect this to my pc and use to send video images ?

2. owenw

owenw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If you have a DV camcorder you may be able to dub the old tapes to MiniDV tape and simply firewire the lot into your PC.

IIRC some DV camcorders will also allow you to convert the analogue video signal to digital and send it to the PC via firewire in real time.
    You plug the old camera into the DV cam and manually capture the footage in your fave PC program thus:

Old camcorder > S-video / L/R phono audio > DV camcorder > firewire cable > Computer

Check in your user's manual to dsee if this is possible and how to set up your equipment.

If you can't do either of those then you'll have to get a video capture card with analogue inputs (composite or s-video inputs are the most common).
    Check out Pinnacle's website. www.pinnaclesys.com/
    They do both home user and professional level cards.

Matrox and Canopus also do excellent capture cards (at a price) mostly aimed at the pro user / serious enthusiast.

hth

3. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Otherwise you could always use something like this, assuming that you have USB2.0 that is...... :smoke:

4. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +302
    Thanks, i didn't realsie there were any replies.
    Yes i have usb2 - Abit NF7 v2.