Old Sony camcorder...


Senior Moderator
I have a Sony ccd tr620 which is analogue. Is there anyway way to connect this to my pc and use to send video images ?


Standard Member
If you have a DV camcorder you may be able to dub the old tapes to MiniDV tape and simply firewire the lot into your PC.

IIRC some DV camcorders will also allow you to convert the analogue video signal to digital and send it to the PC via firewire in real time.
You plug the old camera into the DV cam and manually capture the footage in your fave PC program thus:

Old camcorder > S-video / L/R phono audio > DV camcorder > firewire cable > Computer

Check in your user's manual to dsee if this is possible and how to set up your equipment.

If you can't do either of those then you'll have to get a video capture card with analogue inputs (composite or s-video inputs are the most common).
Check out Pinnacle's website. www.pinnaclesys.com/
They do both home user and professional level cards.

Matrox and Canopus also do excellent capture cards (at a price) mostly aimed at the pro user / serious enthusiast.



Active Member
Otherwise you could always use something like this, assuming that you have USB2.0 that is...... :smoke:


Senior Moderator
Thanks, i didn't realsie there were any replies.
Yes i have usb2 - Abit NF7 v2.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom