1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old sony amp - LG MZ42PZ17

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by manc, May 3, 2003.

1. manc

manc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have bought a new house and am seriously considering a plasma display.

I saw the LG MZ42PZ17 in richer sounds last weekend and was impressed with the quality for the price (£2500)

The problem is I currently use a sony str-db930 a/v amp thru the svideo bus, would anyone reconmend using a converter (JS?) to convert the svideo source out of the amp into component/vga to feed the display, or would you get rid of the old a/v amp alltogether.

I am concerned if the str-db930 has "bandwidth" limitations for using with component, If this is so is there any newer a/v amp that is recomended or would you just use a scart switcher - JS component converter.

Any help much appreciated, I am a total noob with plasma :)

2. symanski

symanski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    A number of my customers use the RGB to Component converter with the LG screen.

As for connecting multiple devices, you can route S-Video and composite through the amplifier. For RGB sources to be converted, you might be able to cascade the devices. If the DVD player has two SCARTS, you could put your digital TV in through one. If not, then consider other SCART switchers, I've heard good reports of the manual one Argos sells (and you're getting up to change the DVD anyway!).

All the best,

Dr John Sim.

3. manc

manc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks alot,

My dvd has 2 scarts so i think that is the way forward. I will be placing an order within the next few weeks :)