Old Sony 36FS70 better than New 36FS76???

I

Izzet

I've been doing research on a new TV and was looking at the Sony 36" ers.
The sales rep told me that the 36FS76 was NOT a higher spec or better version of the 36FS70, in fact just the opposite.
He told me that the 36FS70 had 6 speakers, better spec'ed and was made in UK.

In contrast he said 36FS76 had 2 speakers and was made in Spain.

He made a big fuss about made in UK was better than made in Spain.

I was also told that the replacement for the 36FS70 was 36FQ80, which is nearly 1.5 time the cost of the 36FS70.

I'm really confused now :confused: I think he was trying to push the 36FS70, but he had all 3 in stock, so I don't know why he would want to do that.

So my question is, is 36FS70 really a higher spec, better TV than the new 36FS76?

FQ80 is only 32". The FS76 I got had 5 speakers. 3 built into the tv and 2 separate rear speakers. My FS70 had the dreaded scrolling bars but the FS76 is cured. I also prefer the FS76 stand to the FS70. The other 36" Sony is the 36NX200. Same design as 32FQ80 but with iDTV.

I'm 100% sure that there is a 36FQ80 model here :)

It may vary from country to country, but we have it here.

Whoops - Sorry I forgot this was an international site. You're right that it is available in some countries outside the UK.

its common business sense really, get rid of old stock 1st

as time goes by it will be harder to shift the FS70 with newer models coming out

so that may be why he was pushing towards it

I have owned the FS70 and now have the 76. My 70 was returned due to an annoying ringing noise. That is not to say they will all do that. It is correct that the 70 is Pro Logic and the sound was better than the 76. However, I was planning to buy a speaker set up so am not bothered about that. The 70 gave an excellent picture but so does my new 76 (see the other thread) at last. The 76 has 4 scarts, 2 of which are RGB. t he 70, just 3, one being RGB. I would say it all depends on what you want. Price may also play a part. As noted above, 70 has a cabinet and from experience, I would say this looks better in the home than the shop. The 76 stand can look a little bitty by the time you have goodies on it. The 70 did not have a "warm/cool" picture adjustment, the 76 does but I am using natural anyway. I would not bother about where it is made too much. The back of mine says made in Japan, the manual is printed in Spain? These shop staff can talk a lot of waffle at times to appear knowledgable.

Dave

"These shop staff can talk a lot of waffle at times to appear knowledgable"

You don't say!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom