Old Sky Remote & Sky Plus

Ghidorah

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi there

I use a Digisender to put sky in other rooms but I am thinking of upgrading To sky +.

Does Digisender still work. And can you still use the old sky digi box remote with sky plus or do you have to buy new remotes or can you upgrade them ?

Thanks for any help

Ghidorah:smashin:

Thanks for the reply,

I was looking on E-Bay for a cheap Sky Plus box and remotes and saw someone selling a code for old hand sets to work with Sky Plus for £ 2.50.

Do any body know if this works or knows the code anyway.

Ghidorah

I have heard of a code - just phone sky customer services, they should have it.

The sky remote does not have the record buttons though so may only be limited to cahnging channels.

If you find a code can you please post it.

Thanks.

I have just phoned Sky and the woman said there was no code for making an old digibox remote compatable with Sky+.

It might be worth phoning again and getting a different operator as she never checked with anyone - just said she didnt know of one.

There is a way to get your Sky mote to work +, but only channel + & -, I did it but it was such a waste of time I've forgoten how. It doesn't operate the EPG, or any record functions. I was going to buy a 2nd mote from ebay or sky, but + could be programed into my Sony remote commander for full function, something I couldn't do with Sky! ..... So I've not needed one. If you pm me I'll try & find my instructions, but don't bother is my advice. I'm sure I found them either on this forum or by phoneing Sky.

Copied from another thread... "Your old remote control WILL control your sky+. Just follow the instructions bellow.
On your old remote.
PRESS T.V
HOLD DOWN THE BLUE BUTTON AND SELECT SIMULTANOEUSLY
UNTIL THE L.E.D. BLINKS TWICE.
PRESS SELECT AGAIN.
Now it will control your sky+ through your tv link from rf 2 out/

To return it to normal sky control. press tv, then press red button and select together until the l.e.d. blinks twice, the press 999 this wipes all the memory from the remote control and will work normal sky digi boxes. You cannot control both systems at the same time."

Haven't tried it myself...

Thanks for all your advice,

Just saved £2.50 just to use a few buttons, Good value!! :confused:

Simono
I will try the code thing but if it not that good I think I will just get extra one's of the net as well

Ghidorah

Okay try this...

"Press T.V and release
press and hold down SELECT and the BLUE button simulttaneously, until the L.E.D. blinks twice and release. Press#2 and release.
Press SELECT again and release.
Now your old remote will control the basic functions of your sky+ machine from R.F 2 out."

???

Did you try it via RF2..?

Okay, I give up...

Okay I've finally got it working, but it's pretty useless..! The following buttons work: TV, Sky, Power, TV Guide, Box Office, Services, Interactive and Channel +/-...

Press TV then hold select and blue together until 2 flashes, press 2 then select, then Sky...

Works fine through the front IR receiver...

You can't navigate through the menus...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom