Old sky box won't update

KnightWolf

Established Member
Reaction score
i have an old sky box i want to use for freeview but the problem is it has the old EPG and i want to add all the free channels to the favorites list, i have forced a software update but it stays the same, why won't it ubdate?

panasonic
model number (2.1.E)
operating system (1.2S4F1)
EPG (3.2.11)

Some really old boxes will not take the latest software. Go on ebay and buy yourself a more upto date box.

I haven't seen a problem with any Panasonic not updating it's software. Are you sure the dish is okay, Try force updating the box on another dish to make sure before you do anything else.
Cheers, Franc

I have the same problem with a panasonic box, the update says its worked but it actually hasn't

What models are they (TU-dsb30 31 40 etc)? Not all boxes update at the same times, if there is no update for you particualr make/models a force update will not result in any change. Are you getting the 4 digit radio channels or 3 digit?
Cheers, Franc

Mines a TU-dsb 30. It' not plugged in right now and kids are watching Cbeebies so darent disturb during bedtime our :)

FRANTIC FRANC said:
I haven't seen a problem with any Panasonic not updating it's software. Are you sure the dish is okay, Try force updating the box on another dish to make sure before you do anything else.
Cheers, Franc
it's hooked up to an octo lmb with two sky boxes in other rooms and sky HD downstairs and all have a strong signal.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom