Old SKY+ box reactivated

patego01

Standard Member
Hi.

I've just dug out an old SKY+ box (Amstrad) that has been out of service for 3 + years since I went to Virgin. I was pleased to see that it worked fine as did the dish. I didn't expect the LNB to still work. I am getting all the free channels only of course. Even the batteries in the remote still worked lol.

To my surprise, I found that the recording function is working. I can pause, rewind etc. I had thought it wouldn't work. Is it going to be disabled or will it continue to work.

Thanks for any help.

Gordon

patego01

Standard Member
Thanks. I forgot about the flap and it does indeed have an old Sky card underneath. I wonder if they stopped sending a signal to switch it off. That would be nice.

Cheers.

Gordon

Broadz

I wonder if they stopped sending a signal to switch it off.

Yes they did. Three months after you cancelled your subscription. Which is why anybody who removed their blue card from their Sky box, or disconnected the box from the satellite dish before cancelling, was left with an expired Sky card which still had Sky+ functionality on it.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom