Old Sky Box new 4k TV how to get best quality?

FastLane13

Novice Member
Hi guys,

I have an old sky box DV3 one which is probably around 10 years old. It is AV standard not HD. So when I watch TV I am not getting the best quality when I watch things on apps such as: Youtube, BBC Iplayer, Netflix on my Smart 4k Samsung TV. Same with my console the quality looks good.

My question is how can I watch TV in the same good quality I do not have a Sky membership anymore for the past 8-9 years. Would it be possible to get the newest Sky box that supports 4k without getting a subscription? And pay just for installation without getting a new contract? What would you recommend?

Thank you.

bingodisco

Hi guys,

I have an old sky box DV3 one which is probably around 10 years old. It is AV standard not HD. So when I watch TV I am not getting the best quality when I watch things on apps such as: Youtube, BBC Iplayer, Netflix on my Smart 4k Samsung TV. Same with my console the quality looks good.

My question is how can I watch TV in the same good quality I do not have a Sky membership anymore for the past 8-9 years. Would it be possible to get the newest Sky box that supports 4k without getting a subscription? And pay just for installation without getting a new contract? What would you recommend?

Thank you.
If you want a 4K Sky Q box you'll have to pay for a subscription I'm afraid. Sky only loan the Q boxes to subscribers, you can't buy them. Be wary of buying one from eBay or Gumtree because technically you'd be buying stolen property.
If you already have a 4K Smart TV with built-in streaming apps then you won't get much more by having Sky Q, particularly if it's 4K content you're after. Get a cheap Freeview aerial to watch the main terrestrial channels in HD for free. The BBC iPlayer has a few shows in 4K HDR too - His Dark Materials, Dracula, etc.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom