Old Sky and New Sky

Syndicate47

Standard Member
Hi

I'm hoping this is a nice quick one for you.

I used to have Sky multi-room about 18 months ago - one in the front room on in the back. Since I cancelled I've been watching the free channels the boxes pick up without a problem.

I've now ordered Sky again and I have a Sky+ box going in next week. As my Sat Dish has 4 LMB connections I assume the installer will disconnect the old Sky boxes and use 2 of the LMB's for the Sky+ box.

My question is that I plan to take one of the old Sky boxes upstairs and connect it into the Sat Dish on one of the remaining 2 LMB's. All I want that box to do is view the free channels just as I have been doing up until now. Is this possible? Can I have Sky+ downstairs on subscription (and phone line) as well as an unsubscribed one upstairs (without phone line)? LMB's permitting?!?

I'm hoping that if I can, the installer won't insisit I have a new dish with only 2 LMB's!!!

fernandez

Distinguished Member
My question is that I plan to take one of the old Sky boxes upstairs and connect it into the Sat Dish on one of the remaining 2 LMB's. All I want that box to do is view the free channels just as I have been doing up until now. Is this possible? Can I have Sky+ downstairs on subscription (and phone line) as well as an unsubscribed one upstairs (without phone line)? LMB's permitting?!?

I'm hoping that if I can, the installer won't insisit I have a new dish with only 2 LMB's!!!

Even if the installer changes the dish/LNB it will still be fitted with a quad (4 output LNB)

What you want to do is, of course, possible and legal so nothing really to worry about.
In fact, treat the installer nicely (tea or coffee and biccies, even a small bribe) and he may well install the extra feed for you,

BTW as you're new here you may not have seen/read the sticky at the top of the page
http://www.avforums.com/forums/satellite-tv/411852-no-sky-freesat-related-threads-here.html

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom