Old Skool Sony KDL-46X2000 - does it have a HD Tuner?

Arfa

I inherited an old skool Sony KDL-46X2000 TV in a house I recently purchased. Getting on a bit, quite fat and chunky on the wall, but screen is still looking alright and worth using until it dies. It's full 1080p, and happily takes 1080p input over HDMI. However, I haven't managed to get it to pick up any HD TV channels on Freeview.

Can anyone confirm if this TV actually has a HD DVB tuner built in?

I've re-tuned the thing numerous times.
The system info screen on the TV indicates signal strength is high (green).
I've inspected aerial cables, connections etc. Seem fine and all copper foil and braid screened coax.
The wall socket is a screened model which takes TV + SAT in, has Return out, with TV, FM and F-Type sat sockets plus telephone on the front.
Other TV's in the same house sharing the same roof aerial via a loft distribution amp pick up HD channels fine (albeit with different channel numbering!)

I can't seem to find any info that confirms it has a HD tuner built in and whether or not I'm on a wild goose chase here.

Separately, I can't get any sound out of it over optical. Got the red laser light out, but nothing else. Maybe it is slowly dying bit by bit...

tvdavid

no, it don't
you could try using a you view box on it.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
It doesn’t have an HD tuner.
When you say you can't get sound via optical…go into the Digital audio out settings and set it to PCM.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom