Quantcast

Old skool Panny PWD8 vga connection Pink screen issue

scooby do

All trying to resurect my old PWD8 I am sending PC signal via VGA into the onboard input. I have got a picture by only if I select component and then it has a serious pink hue to it. If I select RGB I get no picture. I know the VGA lead is fine as I have tested it on another screen. Anyone got any ideas? PS works fine if I send it a component signal over VGA via a DVDO scaler

Last edited:

scooby do

Took the back cover of, metered the all the pins of the VGA connection onto the PCB and that was ok. Reseated all the connections (between input board and main PCB including the VGA daughter board) and it is now working :) Got a very thing line going across the bottom (this was already there) of the screen not sure what causes that? Also when I got it working I was going through the menu and I sure something about sync on green or something or is that only if running component? Cannot get that menu back up?

Last edited:

scooby do

Here is the line and a picture of the quality of the picture.

DSCN0455.JPG
DSCN0456.JPG

scooby do

Fixed, re-seated and cleaned bottom Y ribbons. So this is running hdmi to vga via a cheapo converter from Amazon (£6). Really is quite a nice picture for streaming.
DSCN0460.JPG

scooby do

This is really quite good for a standard def when sending it a good feed via my £6 adapter :)
DSCN0463.JPG

NonPayingMember

Previously Liam @ Prog AV
I believe when this happens the TV gods are telling you it's time for an OLED...